Got a new quad tonight and have some ?s

XChris1632X

Tonight I just bought a barely past break in used 05 yfz450. Just wondering if anyone knows much about them. I havent had a quad in three years so Im a bit out of the loop. What are the ins and outs of them. I also have a kind of off the wall question but someone just told me that they went to the bmv and got a sticker for like 8 bucks that allows them to legally ride them on any county or township road. I have never heard of this and have always got in trouble for riding on the road.

Guest HI_PSI
buddy of mine has a yfz to, ill talk to him tommorow and let ya know. i do know that he advanced the timing by like one tooth and it made a huge difference in power.

I'm 99% sure that you cannot make a quad street legal in Ohio, some states it is possible which is where all of the rumors start.

With the 4 stroke race quads you will want to stay on top of the valve adjustments. Check your owners manual for specific intervals, but a lot of the 4-stroke motocross bikes require valve adjustments every 10 hrs of use. THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT!

I know about valve adjustments as with any four stroke, but more important on race quads. The bad thing is that instead of just pulling the tank and some rocker caps off to adjust valves like on an older race quad I believe you have to pull the cams out on these.