CBS fired Imus, too

Putty

I watched some news about him last night. Analysts said he will most likely be fired and off syndicated terrestrial radio but sattelite will pick him up simply because this whole ordeal made him more popular.

I thought the same too putty, that his whole career down the drain for something so small and stupid. Then I realized that this guy isn't exactly poor, and he'll probably get work elsewhere, though making less money. Time to retire? Looks like he's about to die anyway.

YAY for freedom of speech!

Freedom of speech has shit to do with this man. I am totaly for FOS. But it only applied to goverment censorship. a company firing him for being a duchebag has nothing to dos with FOS.

Facts.

1. Not 50 years ago blacks were considered lowerclass citzens

2. ANY OTHER JOB YOU MAKE THAT STATEMENT YOU FIRED

I would like Comedy Central to fire Carlos Mencia for calling my race a bunch of "crackers"

Probably won't happen, but it's the same thing Imus did.

It's only politically correct to make fun of white people.

So what about the rappers/hip hop "artists" who do nothing but lyricize all this bullshit of crime and racism? I don't see any labels dropping them...

Imus was fired because he is a white man who said it, it's simple as that. He did suck at pretty much any form of entertainment, though.

Freedom of speech has shit to do with this man. I am totaly for FOS. But it only applied to goverment censorship. a company firing him for being a duchebag has nothing to dos with FOS.

Facts.

Again with my comments to upset and/or provoke conversation.... Anyone with access to wikipedia knows what freedom of speech is. I only said this Thorne because of your previous post on this in the kitchen. ;)

I understand that a job can fire you for statements like that. And I am not upset that he was fired over this. But IMO its radio/tv. If you don't like it "Turn it OFF". Go read a book or something else constructive.

I would like Comedy Central to fire Carlos Mencia for calling my race a bunch of "crackers"

Probably won't happen, but it's the same thing Imus did.

It's only politically correct to make fun of white people.

Carlos is going down, every single comedian has been exposing him for being a joke stealing, dumb ass, pos. It won't be too much longer.