Flag footbal/ basketball

V8 Beast

Anybody up for playing some flag football, or renting out a gym to play basketball on the weekends?

I think the Mcdonalds gym on Olentangy (by Bethel RD) would be a nice location for basketball. For footbal there are some pretty nice parks in Dublin.

Let me know what you guys think...

That'd definitely help me get in shape. I haven't played either in so long. I used to play OLB in HS and community college. Too fat now, I'll have to stick to lineman. :p But I'd rather play full contact. Flag is boring as shit. We used to have some good pickup football in Texas. We even had import vs. domestic. Imports won both. I was unstoppable at running back. :D

i find that the older we get, the less good...an idea...tackle football becomes

broken arm the last time my friends played (big guys - no pads)

So, no tackle football for me (why chance it)

Basketball or flag football would be fun

...maybe dodgeball

Flag football is fun since I'm not big enough to take down anyone....

I call all time QB!!!!

How about cheerleader? i know a hot girl w/ a wet tshirt always helped me keep going...lol

I stay away from tackle football with no pads. Too many people tackle with their heads down. Seeing someone break their neck is pretty scary. In flag football you just usually get a bunch of broken fingers...

agreed

the problem with tackle football is that it's most fun with a larger amount of people

....7 or so per team, minimum

and when it gets to that many people, you're playing with people that don't know you, or care about you

and there's always 2 or 3 jackasses that dive for the knees or trip or do stupid shit like lead with elbows....

I stay away from tackle football with no pads. Too many people tackle with their heads down. Seeing someone break their neck is pretty scary. In flag football you just usually get a bunch of broken fingers...

You just described rugby. Ive never seen anyone break anything solely because of a bad tackle. Its not the sport without the padding, its the individual who doesn't know how to tackle without the help of padding. Im not saying rugby doesn't have injuries but, in the 2 years I played I only saw mild sprain's and 1 broken arm when our Prop rolled over a kids arm on accident. It happens. Though they did outlaw coller tackle's while I played, and any tackle in which your feet left the ground was illegal (think of a spear).