Who owns a House? Who owns a Condo?

Bam

I actually live in the Olde Mill Lakes apt complex now, just behind the CVS off hard/sawmill. lol. What condo did he buy? The ones right across the street in the white complex? Just curious, I see a lot of mexicans there, not that I'm racist or anything, just it looks like its going downhill.

I love the area I'm in, and would love to move down by that school, where the new builds are, but as you said, it LOOKS expensive, lol.

I'd really like to keep dublin/worthington schools but columbus taxes as well, lol.

Tim, what area are these condos? Just curious...

I've found PLENTY of condo's/townhomes from 75-100k around Sancus, powell rd/23, etc area, shit if I bought one for $75k or so, and jewed em down a little, I'd probably only need a $50k mortgage, that'd be sweet.

Of course that's optimistic, but we'll see...

thanks guys

I own a house, my g/f owns a condo.

She says this is the first and last condo she will ever own. Mind you, she actually bought a SMART condo to purchase, one that has went up in value a lot (established area in Upper Arlington, where no new codos can be built, and this one has been around for a while.

The actual sale value of her home has went up approx 30-40k in the past 5 years. MOST condo's don't, however, and you lose your ass if you try to sell. Then you have the condo fee's...hers are crazy high, and they can jack them up at any time too.

I live in a house, established neighborhood = values may not go up as much as some areas, but won't go down as much as some either. No worries about some section 8 apt. complex being built next to a nice neighborhood (happened recently to a friend of mine).

But avoid condos, they suck.

As for the area you want, 125k won't buy you anything. Hell, my house in Reynoldsburg, 3 bed, 2 bath, culdasac, oversized 2 car garage, nothing special and not very big, would sell for about that.

Edit: About condo fee's. For what my g/f pays in fee's, she could hire Green Lawn to take care of a yard, contract out someone to plow her driveway/shovel a sidewalk, and have enough left over every month to save back for when the house would need siding and a roof. Meaning she could easily pay to have the outside taken care of, with no work of her own, for less money. Condo fee's don't cover the indoors.

I actually live in the Olde Mill Lakes apt complex now, just behind the CVS off hard/sawmill. lol. What condo did he buy? The ones right across the street in the white complex? Just curious, I see a lot of mexicans there, not that I'm racist or anything, just it looks like its going downhill.

I love the area I'm in, and would love to move down by that school, where the new builds are, but as you said, it LOOKS expensive, lol.

I'd really like to keep dublin/worthington schools but columbus taxes as well, lol.

I've found PLENTY of condo's/townhomes from 75-100k around Sancus, powell rd/23, etc area, shit if I bought one for $75k or so, and jewed em down a little, I'd probably only need a $50k mortgage, that'd be sweet.

thanks guys

That's crazy, my brother AND sister live in that complex. That's probably where I will be moving to in a year or so as well. And yes, the ones right across the street, behind Spoonz is where I use to live with my roomate. He was lucky and was in a building that everyone owned their own so they were more likely to take care of the outside, picking up trash etc...

As for the Mesican's, believe it or not there's only like 2 units out of most of that area that they live in. They all just congregate around and hang out or whatever they do. There's been sometimes when I've walked past a car and someone was sleeping in it. Yeah, awesome place to raise your kid huh? I agree with you, im not particularly racist but, when it comes to your homes value and the money you will invest, try to eliminate any variables you can. There were a few times I thought about contacting INS but, for the most part they did they're thing and didn't bother anybody.

have you checked northbound off sawmill, i think there is a nice condo area over there, with attached garage's no less.

Millcreek Commons....right there on the corner. I can't say for sure I'd suggest you look there now....afterall, I started sell ours because of all the changes in the area.....residents, roads, etc....

The ones off Sancus....my wife and bought one up there back in 1996. Sold it for about $20k profit. Not bad. We had a three bedroom with a garage and not on the main drag. Ours was just south of Park Road. Paid $52k back then.

Area isn't bad. Some of the newer ones cost more of course, but tend to be a little newer and more updated. Personally, I'd still rather buy than rent. The benefit in writing off the interest alone saves you....depending on what you make and what bracket you're in, it could save you a lot.

thanks guys

I own a condo in Pataskala (edge of Reynoldsburg). So far it's good, besides the "cookie cutter" installation of some things. It's 2500 sq. ft. + full basement, 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, loft area, 2 car garage. So it's a good sized place and the condo people aren't that picky. I went with a condo because I don't reallly have the time to do yard work. If I did, I'd be the guy who's yard has to look better than everyone else. The money I'd spend on that stuff could go to other things. Not to mention insurance is cheap, because basically you just gotta cover what's inside the condo.

Just an interesting point from CNN.com today. This photo they used looks like it could have been taken in Columbus.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/04/27/newt1.gdp.fri.08.ap.jpg

My wife and I are house hunting and it's amazing how many are empty. We were in Wedgewood last week and there are 2-3 if not more empty homes on just about every street. Folks that buy too much too soon. Many of the new build communities are scrambling too it seems.