Best Deal on a New Yamaha!

12oclocker

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're about to buy our forth bike from Honda Northwest. They've ALWAYS taken really good care of us and everybody we know. I can tell you that the bike I'm about to buy I'm getting for quite a bit cheaper than anyone else in the state would sell it for, even considering the fees Lizard1 is bitching about. To each their own I guess.

As for the Iron Pony rumors, they're just rumors at this point. I've been hearing this for over a year. If they do start selling Yamaha, I hope they do great. Why Lizard1 would think Honda Northwest hates the idea of Iron Pony selling Yamaha is beyond me. That's like saying they hate that Motorsports sells Yamaha. Who cares?

Honda Northwest has a following. Once you buy a bike from them, you'll most likely buy every bike from them. Hell, Carie and I hung out there yesterday for over three hours just bullshitting. Everyone there is very friendly and knowledgeable. They help us (Ohio Riders) out a lot. They hosted the start of the 2yr anniversary and the first food drive. Hell, one person on the 2yr anniversary ride had her bike not start at one of the stops. Honda Northwest went out to her and diagnosed the problem for FREE. If I'm not mistake, she even tried to give the tech money and he said no. Nobody in this area treats their customers as good as Honda Northwest.

We're about to buy our forth bike from Honda Northwest. They've ALWAYS taken really good care of us and everybody we know. I can tell you that the bike I'm about to buy I'm getting for quite a bit cheaper than anyone else in the state would sell it for, even considering the fees Lizard1 is bitching about. To each their own I guess.

As for the Iron Pony rumors, they're just rumors at this point. I've been hearing this for over a year. If they do start selling Yamaha, I hope they do great. Why Lizard1 would think Honda Northwest hates the idea of Iron Pony selling Yamaha is beyond me. That's like saying they hate that Motorsports sells Yamaha. Who cares?

Honda Northwest has a following. Once you buy a bike from them, you'll most likely buy every bike from them. Hell, Carie and I hung out there yesterday for over three hours just bullshitting. Everyone there is very friendly and knowledgeable. They help us (Ohio Riders) out a lot. They hosted the start of the 2yr anniversary and the first food drive. Hell, one person on the 2yr anniversary ride had her bike not start at one of the stops. Honda Northwest went out to her and diagnosed the problem for FREE. If I'm not mistake, she even tried to give the tech money and he said no. Nobody in this area treats their customers as good as Honda Northwest.

Thank you satan

:plus1: I got my bike from there as well after going to many different dealers, they were by far the best out of any that I had been to. If and when I get another bike I would definitely be going there.

My responses are in blue

Dude, you want me to get exact figures? Yamaha doesn't charge freight. It's rolled into the dealer cost. If you want to test that, let me know. You're better off just being quiet and not getting yourself into a deeper hole...

You say Yamaha doesn't charge freight, it's rolled into dealer cost. So how is that not charging freight?? However it's put on paper is irrelevant, they do not ship their bikes all over the world for free.

Now, if you go and advertise your cost MINUS dealer holdback, then you can probably get freight justified, but it isn't listed as a charge to a dealer. You get the unit to you for the amount listed.

Who's to say we don't do that? Come look at some our prices, there are units which that is the case. No, certainly not all, but there are some, and those are the ones you will typically hear advertised.

Like I stated, CA only charges $30-$50 max for assembly.

I think they raised that some this year. We're not open today or else I'd check. I don't think it went up drastically, but I do believe it went up some.

The max $250 charge is a law set by the State to make sure dealers are gouging customers. There are a LOT of dealers who charge less, but in CBus, that isn't saying much considering the dealers are pretty bad.

Yes there is a $250 cap on doc fees set by the state. That number just went up a couple years ago from $100 or $150 (can't remember at this point) so obviously the state thinks it's fair to charge $250, yet we still don't. There may be dealers that charge less than that , but not in Columbus, which is our direct competition.

You then go and say you don't charge any prep fee but you say you are recouping the CA charges. They assemble it or "prep" the unit. So, you DO charge the assembly fee by placing it in the "freight" charge.

Assembly and prep are two different things. We pay CA to assemble, store, and ship our bikes to us. They are not "prepped" when we get them at that point, they are simply built. We then pay our service department 1/4 -1 full hour of the labor rate plus supplies (which is not much) when it's sold to make that bike ready to be ridden.

We are not in business to rip off our customers. We are in business to make a profit though, and you know how little mark up is truly in new motorcycles. We accurately disclose any and all fees involved with any sale, and in no way attempt to deceive anyone.

We have sold several members of this board bikes this summer, I have always taken good care of them. I believe every one of them received a very good deal and left happy.

They're more than rumors. And, didn't say HNW was a bad place to buy a bike. I'm not bitching about anything - just trying to help a guy out and letting him know some things to arm himself with so he can work the best deal. To some people, the best price isn't the key. But, to this guy it is. That's what I was assisting on...

As far as HNW not too happy with Pony getting Yamaha, they wouldn't be thrilled. They think Pony cheapens everything. They aren't going to be happy another dealer is taking a piece of the pie demographically speaking. I know they'd be happier to not have another Yamaha dealer in the area...

I have no issues with HNW's service and how they treat customers. However, saying they are the best in CBus isn't saying much.

Ok, how's this to satisfy the HNW kids. Ask for out the door price. What the amount on the check needs to be. If that's a good deal to you, carry on. If not, look elsewhere.

My point is simple. I understand Yamaha doesn't ship for free. However, the freight charge you get back and the prep you pay out and assembly you pay out in the end at retail, you'd make like 20% total margins. The freight is a number that is specified. I understand.

My point is that if a kid wants a deal on a bike, you tell him a deal - even tell him below your holdback. That's cool. BUT, you then add freight on that number. Instead of saying the bike is $4252.00, you tell him it is $4000. THEN add the $252 and fees on top. I don't give two shits about the doc fees and temp tag stuff. I think saying the bike is a dollar amount and then saying freight is additional is deceptive. Just tell him the total for the bike as it is. Because guess what? A LOT of dealers don't do that add on crap.

Whatever. You'll keep arguing the point because you're the salesmen. Just realize that there are some on here that know how it works. If anyone wants the best deal on a certain brand, PM me and I'll help you out. You can use the dels to barter with the other dealers.

Lizard have you ever bought a bike at HNW? No, well then shut the fuk up.How can you run your mouth when you've never did any buisness w/ them? Plus your just a big fukn hater,We all no you get the best deals on everything.......Fukn assclown.You know way to much for your own good.I got my WR250 from HNW And I know you can't get a better deal on that bike. So shut your asshole up and go tell some other forum about how much you know!!........................Jackass

Edited by Angrish

Lizard have you ever bought a bike at HNW? No, well then shut the fuk up.How can you run your mouth when you've never did any buisness w/ them? Plus your just a big fukn hater,We all no you get the best deals on everything.......Fukn assclown.You know way to much for your own good.I got my WR250 from HNW And I know you can't get a better deal on that bike. So shut your asshole up and go tell some other forum about how much you know!!........................Jackass

Hey Angrish - why not pipe down and actually read what the hell I was saying. First, I don't need to buy a damn thing to know what they are doing. Two, who gives a shit if I buy or not. I actually can help people understand what goes on better so they can get the best deal to them. You like paying retail and all the fees? Cool. You can march your shit mouth self to any dealer and play dumb ass. But, for the OP, he was needing the best deal and isn't going to pay big bucks IF he can save good money.

My point is that he can go to another dealer that WON'T charge him near as much and he'll get what he wants.

By the way, where am I hating offering information as to what goes on in a shop and how they do things? You ever work in a shop? Know what the hell is fact and what is not? Ever worked in the industy and know say, 70 plus dealers where I can send someone depending where they live to get the best deal?

You're a freakin' idiot to think that any person who comes on to a public forum should immediately do what every person says. Sure, all those people who have had GREAT experiences with HNW are going to say everything that occurred with them was fine. Maybe they felt they got a good deal. Maybe they did. The deal here isn't good. It can be beat and can satisfy what the OP wants. The best deal.

Get over yourself and maybe try to read and comprehend more clearly as to what was being said. Then, once you do that, you can work on some other things. Namely, if you're going to start slinging the BS High School swearing and name calling, at least use proper grammar and punctuation so we can take you more seriously. Otherwise, you look like - how did you put it? Oh, yeah, a Fukn assclown...:rolleyes:

Oh, and let's see what you're made of. You post a copy/scan of your invoice. Black out the name, VIN#, etc. - personal info. If I can beat the deal, you owe me $300 in MX oriented parts or accessories from their shop. If I cannot find a better out the door deal, I will get you $300 of MX oriented product from my sources. We're talking retail price...

Since you'r so sure I can't get a better deal...

ok now pass the popcorn :popcorn:

Nah, dude, I just get pissed when people think I know it all. I never come on here and tell everyone what I do or what I have experienced within the industry. It's not needed. However, if I can help someone with proper info as to what they are looking for, how's that so wrong.

Too often I get tagged with being right all the time. Fact is that if I can learn something, I do. I always am looking to better myself. But, the stuff I know can be of an asset to others when in a time in which they could use good info.

Guys like Angrish get pissed because they get too passionate for one particular thing and honestly believe things can't be better outside what they know.

It's too bad there are so many narrow minded people out there giving out info that is simply wrong or not the best...

Oh, and let's see what you're made of. You post a copy/scan of your invoice. Black out the name, VIN#, etc. - personal info. If I can beat the deal, you owe me $300 in MX oriented parts or accessories from their shop. If I cannot find a better out the door deal, I will get you $300 of MX oriented product from my sources. We're talking retail price...

Now this, I wouldnt mind seeing. With Lizard's help, we might be able to find a shop that has the lowest prices around. This could help everyone find the cheapest shop, whether or not they think HNW is the best no matter what. Hey it really pays to know people and have connections. All Lizard is trying to do here is help :cool:

Now this, I wouldnt mind seeing. With Lizard's help, we might be able to find a shop that has the lowest prices around. This could help everyone find the cheapest shop, whether or not they think HNW is the best no matter what. Hey it really pays to know people and have connections. All Lizard is trying to do here is help :cool:

I'm not disagreeing with that, but to assume HNW is grossly overpriced without even giving us a chance is what I have a problem with.

We may or may not be the cheapest, it depends on a lot of factors, but before you decide we're not, make sure you speak with rockstarhonda or myself. Keep in mind, I do a lot for OR members. Just ask any of the several that have bought bikes from us this last year since I've been on this board. Not to mention that we are also a sponsor on here.. :)

on that bike the freight is 252.00 document fee 175.00 and then 10.50 for a temp tag. thats it besides the tax, all customers also receive a 10% discount on parts and accessories for two years.

These are fees that are normally charged but zerocrash does have some pull with our owner in getting good deals for OR members

I'm not disagreeing with that, but to assume HNW is grossly overpriced without even giving us a chance is what I have a problem with.

We may or may not be the cheapest, it depends on a lot of factors, but before you decide we're not, make sure you speak with rockstarhonda or myself. Keep in mind, I do a lot for OR members. Just ask any of the several that have bought bikes from us this last year since I've been on this board. Not to mention that we are also a sponsor on here.. :)

Never stated anywhere that you were "grossly overpriced". Besides, what charges that have been mentioned are factual and not assumed. If the OP wants the lowest price... you know what I'm saying...

Also, being a sponsor on the board doesn't mean it has to be you that people buy from nor does it mean we all have to speak with caution when it comes to saying whether or not you guys are best price/best deal or not. It's totally fine for anyone on a public forum to say what they want. I am simply making sure it is understood that if you charge $175 and $252 in the doc and freight, you're not going to be the best deal for this unit to the OP. No harm, no foul. Your service, customer service, accessories department, sales staff, etc all may be better than where he buys it, but in the end, he wants the lowest price period. He'll take it to where he wants for service and buy his parts where he feels is best. His choice.

Others feel those other qualities I mentioned out weigh the lowest price. That's actually how I feel. I like a happy medium and a deal to me goes beyond bottom dollar.

But, he also lives closer to Dayton than CBus. That's a factor in of itself... Just be careful in saying stuff as a "salesman" as opposed to a common dude. I'm just trying to help educate. There's been a lot of mis-information in the past and that gets everything screwed up.

Never stated anywhere that you were "grossly overpriced". Besides, what charges that have been mentioned are factual and not assumed. If the OP wants the lowest price... you know what I'm saying...

Also, being a sponsor on the board doesn't mean it has to be you that people buy from nor does it mean we all have to speak with caution when it comes to saying whether or not you guys are best price/best deal or not. It's totally fine for anyone on a public forum to say what they want. I am simply making sure it is understood that if you charge $175 and $252 in the doc and freight, you're not going to be the best deal for this unit to the OP. No harm, no foul. Your service, customer service, accessories department, sales staff, etc all may be better than where he buys it, but in the end, he wants the lowest price period. He'll take it to where he wants for service and buy his parts where he feels is best. His choice.

Others feel those other qualities I mentioned out weigh the lowest price. That's actually how I feel. I like a happy medium and a deal to me goes beyond bottom dollar.

But, he also lives closer to Dayton than CBus. That's a factor in of itself... Just be careful in saying stuff as a "salesman" as opposed to a common dude. I'm just trying to help educate. There's been a lot of mis-information in the past and that gets everything screwed up.

That's cool man. I understand what you're saying. I try to not be a salesman on the board and usually only am when HNW comes up. I didn't even start posting in this thread until after someone else brought up our shop. The only time I ever sell is when it's a referral, friend, or board member anyway. I only mentioned the sponsorship thing to let people know that we as a shop are (somewhat) connected to Ohio-Riders and typically will make members a better deal. Not saying that we attempt to screw everyone else, but.. you know what I mean. :)

If I beat your deal will you stop coming to this forum? Put your money where your mouth is fag.I'll post up my in voice here in a few.Then you can take your bitch ass mouth and fuk up someone elses forum fukn jerk!!

So we are going to bet who stays on the forum..........I have more shit than I need and 300 bucks isn't enough for me to bet . I like to bet who stays and who goes......What do ya think poser!!

Plus I only buy shit from HNW not some micky mouse shop.

No hes not hes being a dickhead like always

If I beat your deal will you stop coming to this forum? Put your money where your mouth is fag.I'll post up my in voice here in a few.Then you can take your bitch ass mouth and fuk up someone elses forum fukn jerk!!

So we are going to bet who stays on the forum..........I have more shit than I need and 300 bucks isn't enough for me to bet . I like to bet who stays and who goes......What do ya think poser!!

Plus I only buy shit from HNW not some micky mouse shop.

How's this? I'll go away from the site if you win and if I win, you give me $500? I mean, if $500 isn't worth it, then you're too baller for me anyways.

That way, you get what you want if you win. If I win, I get to read your wonderfully typed out K-12 responses to brighten my day and get some cash to buy some needed parts for my racebike.

Win/win...

No hes not hes being a dickhead like always

Ya know what cracks me up outside your piss poor typing skills and child-like name calling? The fact that you get so worked up over a freakin internet site. Do you truly believe I only visit "Mickey Mouse shops"? I can get info from shops that are reputable and well known from pretty much anywhere in the country. So, if a buddy lives in Atlanta, I know a friend who works at a really good shop down there and can probably get him the best deal in the area. Texas, Florida, the Caroilinas, KY, IN, MI, CA, and probably a few others...

It's a system of who you know. If you know the owner really well, he probably is willing to sell a bike to you for say $100 over dealer cost (true dealer - excluding the holdback). You aren't getting that deal from a shop you visit or know via screen names. Maybe you can on certain things... Anything's possible.

Point is that I don't know everything, but motorcycles and the motorcycle industry has been a part of what I have done for over 18 years. That number of years has had me meeting a LOT of cool people, I have done a lot of cool things that a majority of people cannot do or never have the chance to do. All that means is that I can shed some light on certain things that are usually in the dark for most people. Does it make me a know it all? Maybe in the minds of some. I just have had the privilege to do so many things that a lot of people haven't. I also have experienced a lot of different things because it is my job.

I understand your loyalty to HNW. Again, if you go back and read - even that thread where I think it was about HNW charging for taking some seized up bolts off a wheel (I defended HNW, by the way) - I think they are a fine shop. They do things well enough and surely have a loyal following of customers - any dealer does. Even the shitty ones.

However, don't get so damn pissed because someone doubts something. It's a free community here where ideas and thoughts are free to be talked about on a public forum. If your blood gets boiling and you start hating someone you've never met because they don't agree with you - that's sad and no way to go through life. You might be better off staying away from forums and getting back to real life.

I'll do the bet you want with a twist. Otherwise, it isn't worth it. You'll lose this and just come back under another name using another email account. It doesn't go anywhere - has no substance. Money at least has you put up or shut up. You really want to ride that train? Cool with me. I'll not sit there and say "I told ya so" or "nah, nah, na na, na". It'll just be what I can get 12 o'clock or anyone I know or help out for this particular bike...

For Angry-ish. Here's a thread started where I actually supported HNW after a member got pissed on trade value and prices...

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=12806&highlight=Honda+northwest&page=3

Here's another good thread read.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=8390&highlight=Honda+northwest&page=2

Not saying I love HNW, but come on, man. I'm not the Anti-Christ as you seem to think...