So, think this may be a scam?

Patrick

I put my RX-7 for sale on Craigslist.

Immediately, I get an email:

Hello,

Please i will like to know if the above listed item is still available for sale.Am really interested i will like to buy this item so please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist.com.I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check due to the distance as i am located in Florida.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.the asking price.

2.Your full name

3.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address

4.Your phone number.

I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check.....Awaits your response as soon as possible.Thanks

I sent to see if it was a scam

What motor are you going to put in? 12B, 20B, 26B?

Response:

I would like to buy the 1985 Mazda RX-7

I think this is a scam, because of the shitty grammar, but ain't sure. Anyone?

Me:

Do you want to know anything about the car?

"Antonio"

I would be handling the shipping.so do get back to me with your information so the check can be issued and sent today.Thanks

"Antonio"

Only thing i would llike to know is the condition

Me: I explain condition

"Antonio"

Cool.so get back to me with your information now so the check can be issued and sent today.Thanks

Me:

I will not ship out of state. I will not sell the car to be shipped out of state, sorry.

Idk, but someone found my T-5 for sale on craigslist who was in huntsville, alabama.

+1, some guy came and bought my notchback a few weeks ago from Maryland. Some people just look around and are willing to travel I guess.

of course this is a scam. its the second one listed on the craigslist scam page...

just like OSUGT said, he will send you a check that exceeds the amount of sale and shipping. he will say that he "trusts" you and ask you to refund the difference to him, or send it to his buddy who he owes some money too...

the catch is that its a fake check that he will send you. the bank often will cash it and give you the money, but two weeks later once it goes to processing, they will find out its a fake and hold YOU personally accountable for it, since YOU were the one who deposited it.

At least screw with him for a while and make him think about giving up on the scams (for a split second). Get him to send it overnight or something so he is out of pocket a few bucks.... :lol:

Tell him it's a really good deal and you'll throw in some naked pics of his sister or Mom as part of the deal....