WHat to do about car.

yardman10

My wife and I traded in an 01 beetle on an 01 Mazda Millenia S that looks to be in nice condition. I little higher mileage but we are saving money each month on the payment. Since we bought it, we had to take it back in and the dealer paid Dart automotive in grove city to put a new converter on it. Well it has done ok for a little while but my wife told me the check engine light is back on and there is some white smoke coming out the tailpipe. I am hoping it is just normal moisture from exhaust and not burning coolant. What is the likelyhood of the dealer buying the car back. We feel like they have taken advantage of us so far so I dont really want to have any more dealings with them. Toyota West is the dealership.

We bought it March 31. No warranty originally offered but we had to go back in to re-sign some paperwork a few days after we bought it and the check engine light came on the first time the night we bought it on the way home so we had them put it in the paperwork to fix the underlying issues causing the check engine light.

They won't buy it back.. I've already gone through something similar but mine was with the tranny on my Z28.. I only had it 2 weeks though.. They offered to fix it BUT they told me I would have to pay for repairs although it was like that when I bought it it just got worse.. so good luck on that!

if the check engine light is on again have that checked to see if its the same problem or was something possibly caused by the orginal check engine. (if there is a way to prove that.)

As for having them buy it back I doubt they will. but if the car is still having the same problems they may work wiht you on covering the repair.

Best thing I can say is to go to the dealership and clamly talk with them about the car and the concerns you have with it. On a used car I don't see a buy back happening but depending on how you approach it they may be willing to try to help/fix the car or possibly work with you is some other way to get you taken care of since it has been less than one month of you owning the car.

I talked to someone that was done dirty by the same dealership. He said call Toyota's headquarters directly. He had his car in 4-6 times for the same thing , they never fixed it for him. He finally called the headquarters and it was handled within 2 weeks.

Sometimes you have to go way above people's heads to get thing 's done.