need a new bank

evan9381

There are really only 2 reasons you should use a check card as a debit card

#1- Place only accepts debit cards

#2- you want cash back

Well I guess it was force of habit. When my accounts where through Unizan, we would get charged a fee if we used our check card as cc, but if you used them as a debit card, no fee. Also when I first got an account through them, they had a program that you got back like 0.1% of every dollar spent using the debit card in gift cards at the end of the year. It was only good at businesses that used Unizan for there bank, but when I still lived in Utica, the Marathon gas station there was on the list. So I would get some free tanks of gas.

My wifes a manager at 5/3. I hear this type of story all the time at supper:-) Its always her branch that takes care of the customers and gets things done. Its 95% in who you talk at the banks and 5% policy. Though that 5% policy really pisses people off no matter were you bank. She's worked at a few banks around town and my statement is true at any of those as well.

Also from what I hear her tell me if you want anything done super fast with your account you have to go to the branch that owns your account (meaning the one you originally opened it at.) They should be able to take care of you immediatly. If you opened it in one of the other cities the data would be crossing regional HQ's and would get slowed down in the red tape. Thats about the only real problem with 5/3. they gotta get there computer systems talking better.

Evan

well the branch i opened the checking acct with is out by my old job (taylor rd in reynoldsburg by best buy and gander mountain)...the bank i mainly deal with is gahanna, and lately, the one in the kroger at eastpoint

either way, im still pissed, and im gonna be closing out accounts when i get home from vacation

I have First Merit and they are top notch. My first bank was National City, at 14 years old. I was treated like crap. Always talked down to. I understand I was young, but don't skip me in line, how many 14 year olds have a couple k in a savings account?

I switched to first merit, they remember my name, even when I have not come in for months. Debit card problems are resolved quickly, new cards in 3 days, cash back in my acct that day for un-authorized use. They do have some weird policys and fees at times, read all of the forms.

well, i guess ill be the first to apologize. was going through some envelopes in my car and found an unmarked white envelope. low and behold, it was the card.

i guess i can say 5/3 isnt as terrible as i made them out to be

...i am still a little angry they would send it out in an unmarked envelope though.

well, i guess ill be the first to apologize. was going through some envelopes in my car and found an unmarked white envelope. low and behold, it was the card.

i guess i can say 5/3 isnt as terrible as i made them out to be

...i am still a little angry they would send it out in an unmarked envelope though.

Most banks do

National City and US Bank are all a bunch of fucking criminals, I won't even go into detail about how crooked they can be to people. I went with Huntington, my dad has banked there forever, and they have taken care of me.

Man Evan, you have been on a roll. Lost your new bank card, lost your tax refund check...

I'm with Navy Federal Credit Union. Love them, but they are not local, everything is either internet or mail.

I do everything with NFCU but I don't think he can get an account there.