Movie Review: Spiderman 3

CobraKevin

DISCLAIMER: I never got into comic books, so this review will not consist of anything in regards to "historical" accuracy.

Summary: In the third installment to the Spiderman trilogy, Peter Parker must face a number of new challenges. A strange substance has arrived on Earth via a meteor of some sort and attempts to provide Spiderman with a more powerful, yet less caring alter-ego. Complications arise not only at work, but in his love life and more importantly within himself. Throwing in the addition of a couple new villians, Parker finds himself in confrontation he might not be able to handle on his own.

Pros: It's fucking Spiderman. As usual, special effects were top notch, new villians always kick ass, and character development was rather thorough. The corny acting of Tobey Maguire continues to nicely fill the Peter Parker role.

Cons: The character development, while nice, made the movie feel a good half hour longer than it was, and the amount of movie attributed to the storyline itself far outweighed the screen time of actual fight scenes.

Conclusion: 4.25/5.00. I was really hoping to walk out of the movie with the full 5 points, but it just wasn't quite up there for me. I think anyone who saw or had any interest in seeing the first two will definitely enjoy this film, it just wasn't the edge-of-your-seat thrill ride I was sort of expecting. There were more incidences in which I was laughing or jumping (ya know, those jump-out "scary" parts that pussies like me shake half the seats in the row on) then there were moments of awe during a fight scene. Definitely go see it, but I expect Transformers and even the third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean to top Spidey in the "Must-See-Movies" list this Summer.

-Kevin

Guest The Celtic Savage

Darn you for beating me to posting this topic.

In response:

It didn't follow the story completely.

1. The symbiont did not come down in a meteor, it attached itself to the spaceship that Jonah's son was on (who was an astronaut).

2. Harry was not called the "New Goblin", his villain name was The Hobgoblin.

3. Hobgoblin does not die

4. later on "Doctor Spot" and his assistant create a way to control "black-hole portals", and in one of these portals the Hobgoblin gets sucked into, but he did turn good.

Overall it was a good movie, but there just seemed to be too much romance.

- It is a movie to see this summer

- 9.5/10

-Nathan (T.C.S.)

I was disapointed in it as well... I wanted an "on the edge of your seat, ass kicking flick" but instead there was too much romance (although that blonde was nice to look at) and the movie just felt like it was dragging on in places.

Holy shit! k..k..kevin?

J...j..Jason? Sup, man? What's your bro been up to?

jumpy parts... lol its spiderman not some horror flick. imma still go see it though

Hence the quotes around "scary" :). Just a lot of out-of-fucking-nowhere attacks with insanely loud sound effects.

shit, you better think again

there are more 3rd installments than that

there is also Ocean's 13 and if i remember correctly

there will be one more as well

i took my 4 year old to see Spiderman 3 last night and we loved it

little too much love shit, but pretty good none-the-less

i can understand why they changed up some of the story from the comics though

to save time in the movie, so i wasn't too mad about that

This movie sucked SO BAD. The only saving grace was the French restaurant.

I second that, wasn't the dancing nearly impossible to watch? That is, everytime he did it, which was too often.

i hope your right.............................but i HIGHLY doubt it!

I hope im right too lol......word is Michael Bay is giving optimus prime lips. WTF is that about he never had them in the cartoon. I do not like him as a director.

This movie sucked SO BAD. The only saving grace was the French restaurant.

Wow, I'll never listen to any of your movie opinions...ever.

I felt SM3 was equally as good as the first two. Good story development, some cool characters, and re-watchable for sure. There were a couple slightly slow parts, and a few things that don't make it a "10" but it was still a really good movie.

Wow, I'll never listen to any of your movie opinions...ever.

That makes me so sad. :(

The movie was way too long, character development was awful (Eddie Brock) and they could have easily cut an hour and a half from the movie. The only reason people like it is because a lot of the story was written by Stan Lee. The movie could have been so much more, but it was a let down. Just like the third X-Men, just like Ghostrider, just like Daredevil.

Spiderman was such a freakin cry baby in this one, he's supposed to be a super hero, not...toby maguire. Plus venom died way to easy blah blah blah. It was ok, I dont regret seeing it, but I'll probably never see it again even on video

Of course bruce campbell was freakin great. If you've never seen army of darkness, go do it now