Anyone ever discover a CORPSE? aka dead body

flounder

Found this topic on another forum but figured it would be interesting to see if anyone here has any stories.

Here is my story.

Well, I found a guy floating in a lake when I was 14.. It was the lake my family and I went to every weekend (Pleasant Hill for those of you from around there). The guy had been on a boat with friends drinking a week earlier and decided he was going to swim to shore. They were only a 100-200 ft from shore when he evidently jumped in. Well the cove they were in (the one everyone always parked at) is really deep on one side with a ton of underwater plants and rocks (lots of lost anchors there as well). Story goes that the next day, no one had heard from him yet and they called the cops. The cove was blocked off from any boats assuming that he may be tangled in something underwater. Exactly 1 week later, I was riding my jetski and saw what appeared to be a cut log bobbing in the water just outside the blocked off cove. Well, I always removed debris from the lake because I didnt want to hit it on my ski or have a skier hit it. When I got over to the "log" i realized that it was a body bobbing vertically in the water with just the top of his head breaking the surface. So I hauled ass on my jetski back in and got the lake rangers. Since I basically grew up at this lake and knew all the rangers, the rangers told me to go back out by the body and make sure it didnt float further into the lake. Interesting thing to have a 14 yr old do. So there I was sitting on my ski by the blocked off cove with a body floating 3 ft away with me using the jetski spray to make sure the body floated towards shore and not open water. Boats are going by yelling at me to get out of the cove and all sorts of interesting comments. Then the ole flat deck ranger boat got there and they completely blocked off that end of the lake while they were getting the body out. I had to give a statement the police while they were zipping him up in a bag and loading him into a station wagon.. Oh well, no biggie. It was obvious after a few days gone missing that he would turn up in the water at some point. Everyone was ready for it.

eeeesh...that chit gives me the heebie jeebies and the oogity boogities.....

I thought I stumbled on a dead body once...turns out it was just a dude passed out laying in his puke between my parked car and his parked car. I made sure he was still breathing and moved his arm and leg out from underneath my car so I could drive off without running over him. Didn't see anything on the news so I'm sure he was a'ight.

Never found a body, yet. But its only a matter of time. I work for a fire alarm company and we service

the systems in a bunch of the CMHA (Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority) housing sites and on

many occassions I have to be let into peoples apartments, so I'm guessin someday I'm gonna stumble

upon something nasty, besides the cockroaches.

Well...I kind of did. Me and two buddies were driving to a friends house after a party one night at about 3am. We turned down a kinda back road to get there and we see two people laying half way in the road...then we see a motorcycle in the ditch...we all jump out and the girl was conscious but out of it at the same and is at least able to move a little and talk a bit, but the guy was just laying face down making some awful awful noises. So we call 911 and the dept wasn't far away so they were there within minutes, and it turns out the girl was fine, just beat up, but the guy died on the scene just after the police/fire dept, got there...was an awful night...

I was a Police Explorer in HS, and we were called to an accident scene where a corvette decided to pass a stopped 18-wheeler on the right...unfortunately, the 18-wheeler was turning right, and wasn't stopped, it was slowing down. I thought the vette was a ragtop, but the whole top of the vehicle was removed. Night time, and the vette was still there, and no one could find the head, so we spread out in a line, and had to walk through the desert(southern Arizona) trying to find the head of the driver.....what a way to spend a Sat nite.

Well...I kind of did. Me and two buddies were driving to a friends house after a party one night at about 3am. We turned down a kinda back road to get there and we see two people laying half way in the road...then we see a motorcycle in the ditch...we all jump out and the girl was conscious but out of it at the same and is at least able to move a little and talk a bit, but the guy was just laying face down making some awful awful noises. So we call 911 and the dept wasn't far away so they were there within minutes, and it turns out the girl was fine, just beat up, but the guy died on the scene just after the police/fire dept, got there...was an awful night...

I think I have read this account before. Did you tell it on svrider?

I was a Police Explorer in HS, and we were called to an accident scene where a corvette decided to pass a stopped 18-wheeler on the right...unfortunately, the 18-wheeler was turning right, and wasn't stopped, it was slowing down. I thought the vette was a ragtop, but the whole top of the vehicle was removed. Night time, and the vette was still there, and no one could find the head, so we spread out in a line, and had to walk through the desert(southern Arizona) trying to find the head of the driver.....what a way to spend a Sat nite.

So....did you find the head? :confused:

my parents went to a party up near sunbury one summer. the people have a quarry on their property, which they swim and dive in. this one guy was there, and he wanted to dive, so they told him he had to walk over to the diving spot where its safe. like 5 minute walk. he was like "fuck that i dont wanna walk" and dove in right where they were standing. probably like 30 feet down to the water. problem with diving here is that there are rocks like 5 feet below the water. he didnt come back up and people got concerned. they called 911, and a couple people got in the water to try to find him, but could not. fire dept divers showed up eventually, and they pulled him out. dead as fried chicken.

so the moral is, dont dive into unfamiliar waters, and especially dont dive where someone tells you not to.

i was on a volunteer fire dept. for a few years. so we came across a few. never any fun.

i remember a house fire and after putting the blaze out we found the family just inside the kitchen door all huddled together. smoke got em.

Lots of bad wrecks too.

i was on a volunteer fire dept. for a few years. so we came across a few. never any fun.

i remember a house fire and after putting the blaze out we found the family just inside the kitchen door all huddled together. smoke got em.

Lots of bad wrecks too.

If they were right by the door, why didn't they leave?

I feel like I can picture you all telling me these stories on a dark and still night with a flashlight shining upwards under your face.......

If they were right by the door, why didn't they leave?

I feel like I can picture you all telling me these stories on a dark and still night with a flashlight shining upwards under your face.......

They probably didnt know it was a door. Ive done training with a blacked out visor SCBA. The point is twofold, to know whats its like to do a search on the floor without seeing anything, and knowing what it is like for a victim to be unable to find their way out of their own place. Scary stuff.

I had snuck into rock quarries all over columbus to fish. On fifth avenue I was in my belly boat and fished a roll of carpet. Don't recall if I caught anything off it or not. But two days later on the news was that roll of carpet with a young lady rolled up in it.

Nice....

Years ago I was coming home to Mount Vernon from Mansfield and some guy got killed on st route 13 - guy was going about 180mph when a car started pulling out from a side road - DOA.

I've been told some of the shop bike's previous owners are no longer among the living. We had an orange CBR600RR with 6 miles a couple years ago, the owner is now playing either a harp or a pitch fork if you know what I mean.

We had a 1995 ZX 7 R polished frame, some parts that had been chromed - the fuel tank was completely caved in 4 inches deep and wide, bottom to top where the belly and/or groin struck the tank - he's probably a ghost as well.

More than once we have gotten in bikes smashed in front and back - probably got sandwiched in a stop-light - probably no longer among the living.

The worst stories come from the friends / survivors around the victims - hearing about people dragged to their death, watching the helmet split and brains on the ground from a street sign, on and on and on.

Lived in Singapore for 4.5yrs. Saw a public hanging 2 times, once for a report in HS, once for a guy who really deserved it(raped several women). Seen my grandpa die in my mom's arms as well. Nothing in the world compares to seeing someone taken from this world, its a very eire feeling.

Lived in Singapore for 4.5yrs. Saw a public hanging 2 times, once for a report in HS, once for a guy who really deserved it(raped several women). Seen my grandpa die in my mom's arms as well. Nothing in the world compares to seeing someone taken from this world, its a very eire feeling.
they need to hang people in this country for rape. I'll pull the lever.
Anyone ever discover a CORPSE? aka dead body
yes, back in highschool, in the ditch down the road from my house. chick was murdered in dayton, body dumped in the country. they determined she had been there for over a year.

saw another guy fly through a windshield in a car accident and die.

saw a dead body on the road on I75 after an accident.

I remember my dad coming home from work when I was a kid, he had a blank look on his face. He said he just saw a semi drive right over an old man on a bike and his brains exploded all over the road right in front of him. He was quiet for like a week after that.

Edited by 12oclocker