anyone ride Mountain bikes in hurrr?

1Quik7

i'm thinking about getting a bike, most of my friends have them and i've ben looking around, but the last time i had a mountain bike, it was a generic ass Huffy from toys-r-us that prolly weighed 50lbs. now they have all these different styles, XC, free-ride, downhills, climbers....bla bla bla.

i used to ride street/flatland, so i'd like a bike that is smaller, fast and nimble so i can still do tricks while getting in some fun trail riding. any opinion on what i should look for? also is there anywhere decent to ride around here, other than just some lame bike path?

first link

seriously thou, they are a great shop I am friends with the owner,. His name is Rick Miller, go in tell them what you are looking for in a bike and a budget and they will get you taken care of.

+1 for a gear higher. Rick will take the time to get you the bike that really fits you, not just a small, med. or large that he happens to have on the shelf. Great guys, great shop with personal, friendly service.

I think you are going to get the same service anywhere you go, just depends on the brand of bike you want...

I love my Gary Fisher

is there anywhere decent to ride around here, other than just some lame bike path?

Alum Creek is a lot of fun. I prefer phase 2 because it is usually drier and has logs and stuff to ride on. Also Mohican wilderness is crazy and only like an hour away. Ive ridden there twice and I was told it has the best downhill in Ohio. Theres a cross country path, a downhill with some jumps and a rock garden.

Link to trail conditions

http://joinomba.org/index.php?page=4&sid=0cf2facb75ffc59b418e9e4104f70a28