Getting old makes you think.

MrMeanGreen

So I've spent the last few hours playing NES and SNES games on this emulator. I've realized I suck at these games now that I'm older.

I did the code for Contra for 30 guys. I was out of them by the 4th level, where when I was younger I do beat the game with half of those left or more.

Pilotwings. I'm stuck on the fucking hang-glider.

Super Mario Brothers. I can't get the damned turtle to sit right on the steps of level 3-1 for the shitload of extra lives.

F-Zero. I keep hitting the ramp and ending up off the track, blowing up.

Fuck.

I played Zelda about a year ago. The first one. Trying remembering all the shit with NO maps or no help. DOH. Its amazing what you actually remember when you were 12 and shit playing that game (or any NES game).

I think your just n00bs :).. Just kidding I played Mario 1 just the other day and was bitching about the same thing with the turtle shell. I pulled it off it take me a hole set of lives and starting over then I finally got it.

Contra ohhh god that game. U U D D L R L R BA BA start

007-373-5963 is the other code stuck in my head. Mike Tyson was a bitch to beat.

I've been working on castlevania symphony of the night because it came out on xbox live arcade. THAT GAME IS THE SHIT.

But I'm not the norm because I still play DooM2 just to practice.

Yeah, where is the 1st level in Zelda? I don't remember, either.

the first level to get there go up 1 screen left when you have the green hedge follow it aorund then follow the water around staying along it to the right the first level with be across the bridge you will se once you make the 90degree turn along the water past the sand poppy up things

here is a map for help

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/zelda1/map1.gif

http://www.ohiogaming.net ;)

So I've spent the last few hours playing NES and SNES games on this emulator. I've realized I suck at these games now that I'm older.

I did the code for Contra for 30 guys. I was out of them by the 4th level, where when I was younger I do beat the game with half of those left or more.

Pilotwings. I'm stuck on the fucking hang-glider.

Super Mario Brothers. I can't get the damned turtle to sit right on the steps of level 3-1 for the shitload of extra lives.

F-Zero. I keep hitting the ramp and ending up off the track, blowing up.

Fuck.

Pm me how to get that shit to work I tried a couple of times but can't get it to work. I want to play zelda!

Pm me how to get that shit to work I tried a couple of times but can't get it to work. I want to play zelda!

I use znes to play and you just use a gamepad or 360 controller and map the keys . I could bring over my removal hd with every

nes/snes/genis/mame rom Its like 30 gigs i think

Great thing about emulators is you can save it every 2 seconds if you need to instead of repeating a level for the umpteenth million time. Mike Tyson punch out is my bitch. I use my ps2 controllers on my emulators.

If you wanna impress, dl the first Metal Gear for Nintendo and go through that without codes. I never used codes for any of the games I played. (I was lucky to afford a game as a kid let alone waste money on gamesharks, etc.)

the first level to get there go up 1 screen left when you have the green hedge follow it aorund then follow the water around staying along it to the right the first level with be across the bridge you will se once you make the 90degree turn along the water past the sand poppy up things

here is a map for help

Now, map the dungeons for the second quest. ;)

hah, i play my emulator quite often when i get bored, most of the original classics still come easy to me, ie; Contra, Mario, Zeldas....although it would be much easier if i wasn't using the keyboard.

i've been having a bitch of a time with Mega Man anything because of the lack of control the keyboard provides....and Blaster Master, wow i don't remember that game being this hard!

I used to play F-Zero on SNES all the time. My dad used to get me out of school for a "doctor's appointment" and take me home to watch me play it. I was so freakishly good at that game it was ridiculous. On Death Wind 1 I think it was called (the 4th level I believe), all top 10 records were between 1'45.60 and 1'45.69. I cant imagine how bad i'd suck if I tried playing it again.

-Kevin

Guest Whinin
I actually just got done playing chrono trigger with zsnesw. I've been playing GT2 and Final Fantasy IX on epsxe too....wish I could figure out how to get Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 on pcxs2 to work :rolleyes: