wedding ideas

smokin5s

ok, so we're looking to get married next year. we were originally planning on doing a cruise style of wedding. Now we are thinking about entertaining other ideas. We wanted to do a remote location wedding... does anyone have any ideas of where to go and how to get there without breaking the bank.

All ideas are appriciated.

Getting married in Hawaii is cheaper than you think it's just the airfare that kills the budget.

Key West? It's still in the drivable U.S. The hotels are nice and reasonable price range. You can charter a boat and get married at sunset. I'm sure it won't cost that much. ++++ Duval Street is party central.... I have done the Duval crawl more than once... Down sides are that it is a rather large gay community and the @ing Hatians love their chickens as pets so the little bastards crow all day long... Not the greatest sound when you have a super hang over.

M

Remote location? My cousin got married in a beautiful spot in Colorado.

It was a resort-type place, yet secluded, and they have a place higher up the mountain overlooking a valley. So, basically, when you are getting married, behind you (and to the people looking at you) looks like it just drops down. Fucking gorgeous.

A brewery.

So you can start drownding the pain imedeately.

Or a winery. Have a vintage run with your wedding date on the bottles and distribute to your guests.

Think Hilman winery or one of the others up on the islands on the lake.

Nathan and I were married at Cheers Chalet in Lancaster.

Beautiful Location, outside of town. I didnt look at them at all because their ads seemed hokey to me, but a DJ convinced me to at least go look at the place. They ahve a website with some not very useful pictures. I was in love with it the moment I pulled in and saw all teh land around them.

Hey, Josh. I'm getting married in Jamaica. http://couples.com/ We are going to "Couples Swept Away". My fiance worked with a travel agent, it's an all inclusive resort and with everything (7days, food, airfare, wedding, etc..) we are looking ~$3,500.. I think...but if that sounds like something you may be interested I can give more accurate details, and even the travel agent she used.?

Gattlinburg, TN

BEAUTIFUL area...and cheap ;)

I was going to say the same thing. There are a ton of places that you can do your wedding through and the license is cheap, with only a few extra bucks for being out of state.

go to the courthouse. pay the 40 dollars cash to get your license.

then take all the money you just saved and go on a sweet honeymoon.

take a small portion of it and buy a few bottles of booze for when you get back, so you can have a little party with your friends/family :)