New Crackberry Storm

Tomcat0403

Can't you renew your contract and get the sale price? I know I do that at T-mobile. Every two years I can renew and get a discounted phone. So that G1 would only be $180 for me now actually.

I dont think so...I think you have get a new line for $199

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm surprised I never saw this thread b/f but it's right on time. I have the treo 755 currently. It's with sprint (they do suck). I got the phone b/c of the abundance of medical programs out there for the palm os. Now that I am actually working as an NP I use my phone like every 5 minutes it seems like to look up meds, do opiod conversions, etc. The med student I worked with today had an iphone and I could not believe how fast the internet was on it. We were looking up what a coriectomy was and she had it up with the answer in less than 30 sec. Mine was still uploading to the net!

I'm very nervous about using att but I guess it's service can't be much worse than sprint. I was with verizon for 10 years and switched a year ago. I cannot believe all the dropped calls I get. How is everyones service that does have the Iphone? I'm thinking of paying the cancellation fee and getting a 16g Iphone but I'm very nervous about the service. Also my work email is through lotus notes which I know the blackberry can accomodate but I'm not sure if the Iphone can. Any IT peeps out there with answers???

I love it. I travel all over the country for work and I've always got signal. Download iTunes if you don't all ready have it and check the app store, there's quite a few medical apps available. and with the wifi connection or 3G you should be able to get it decently quick. Not to mention all the awesome shit you can do with it (Pandora, PNS Podcasts, GPS directions etc) the new 2.2 firmware even gives walking directions and has google's street view too.

But the biggest thing is the app store, go through the store and check it out, it's free to download and look so even if you decide against it it won't cost you anything.

I've had the 2G and 3G iphones and I wouldn't consider anything else. It's the ease of use of the OS compared to everything else that really sets it apart. I use both the app store programs and Cydia/Installer programs, and the range of things you can do with it is just incredible. The service has never been a problem, but you can tell that the 3G with 2.1+ firmware is an improvement over the previous versions. The processor they use and the fundamental coding scheme is just far more efficient than anything else as of right now (I refer you to the whole Intel fiasco when an underling said the Intel Atom was better than the ARM processor and Intel had to tell him to shut his mouth and openly apologized for him). I have no doubt that Android will be a hell of a competitor for it, but T-Mobile is not a real beacon of confidence for a lot of people in terms of service.

I've never had a problem with AT&T, but I've been a customer since they were Cingular, and AT&T only made them better (they weren't the best back then). I'd recommend the iphone to anyone, anytime.

And as for the new Blackberry, read up on it. It has an omnipresent button lag no matter where you are in a program, and the menu structure is still based on a system that RIM developed ages ago back when they had nav wheel thing and then the click wheel. I've read that the menus, the way are set up, are actually easier to control back when you had the wheel than by touching through them. The whole click screen is cool and all, but I've just heard that the lag makes it really frustrating to use at times.

The new open source OS that the Storm runs. It's by google.

also, remember there is no MMS for the iPhone, which means no picture messages, so if you cannot live without them, that may be an issue. A work around is to just have people text them to your email and you'll get them in there, and to send them you need to email them to their phone. every phone number has an email address, I know ATT's is yournumber@txt.att.net and that will send a pic message to whoever I want that is on att, every carriers is different, and it's kinda a pain in the ass to set them up at first but if it's not a big deal to you, like it isn't to me, then it probably won't bother you. The phone has way to many positives that make that easy to over look.

played with the new crackberry this weekend...it was too slow! I liked the feature with touchscreen that highlights your selection before you click down on the screen (think mouse click). but it was too slow! browser is slow, trying to move from contacts to apps is slow. even the screen rotation takes at least 15 seconds! I won't be renewing my verizon contract but will buy iPhone

gonna toss it out there but the gf got the crackberry yesterday and took it back today hated it!
Why didn't she like it Brian?

I think she got a lemon. There was a wicked ass delay. Click the screen and had to wait. I couldn't type on that thing for shit. Not for someone with larger thumbs. Her battery life was short too. It says 6 hours of talk time, and 15 hours total on the reviews that I have read. Oh yeah, and the lock button was a bitch to find.:beating:

I would have to use it some more to see if it sparked my interest.

Also realize this is a first year, hell first week release of the product. It'll get better and more efficient with updates over time. I didn't buy an iPhone untill software 1.1.2 was out because it's just a given that it'll have some issues.

another problem with the phone is the software RIM is running is a port from their older phones. it's not new built from the ground up to utilize the touch screen like the iPhone was. That and with future apps, Android is open source, and is supposed to be used on a slew of new phones, which means some apps may not be useable on certain phones if they don't have a click wheel, or not on others if they don't have the touch screen.

While open source, and unlimited 3rd party is nice, it also means anyone can write anything, and it's not held to any standard. which could get dicy. It's kinda a pain, but apple requires all programs be certified, limiting yes, but it assures that everything will run (relatively) smooth.