Spin off from the Jerry Falwell thread

copperhead

Why is it so damned hard for people to stay out of other people's business? I'm not singling out anyone here, from what I can see this is humanity in general.

If someone wants to worship turtles, who fuckin cares? It's their choice, and isn't bothering anyone. The only time it bothers me is when people come to my door to preach at me, thats when they get to meet my dog that likes to jump on people.

If a guy likes taking it IDB, how the fuck does that affect me?

If a law abiding citizen wants to own a gun for sport or personal defense, is it really that big of a deal?

If a girl has an abortion due to a one night stand, and doesn't know who the father is, should the community be up in arms to stop it?

I think its pretty obvious that the issues I have listed are viewpoints from both sides of the spectrum. For the life of me, I can't see how, when it comes to social issues, banning things help society. Sure, DMT or whatever that fertilizer was, was dangerous to people's health, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

If you want people to live better lives, educate them better. Parents are taking less and less active roles in their children's lives, and morals are going down the shitter. Now, you don't have to be a religious person to have morals, seeing how morals are just guidelines for being a productive member of society. Don't kill, don't steal, how difficult is that?

You want kids to stay out of trouble and off drugs? Give them something to do! Drugs don't make kids use drugs. Boredom mixed with a lack of a good influence (parenting!) gives children the opportunity to get into that kind of thing. Hell, this is a racing board, I know that whenever I have kids, they will have go karts, ATV's, and rifles that are kept locked up when I'm not at the range with them, so that they will be able to enjoy the outdoors and get into racing with me encouraging them along. These are healthy activities that get them outdoors, rather than leaving them to their own devices.

But yeah, get out of other people's shit. Become better people. I'm more worried about someone breaking into my house than what religion my neighbor is or how many gays there are in the short north. Just because you disagree with someone, you don't have to persecute them and make them out to be evil, they are just different. The more respect you give to others, the more you will get back for who you are.

Well spoken, I agree, I love spending as much time as possible with my daughter, hopefully that'll stay the same as she grows up, lol.

+1 I am making up for my father's mistakes.

1st post reads like commom sense to me but, "common sense, isn't.".

You started a thread to tell people to get out of other business, but your doing the same thing they are.

By saying leave others alone, that means you are getting into people's business?

There should have been an 11th commandment: Keep thy religion to thyself!

By saying leave others alone, that means you are getting into people's business?

There should have been an 11th commandment: Keep thy religion to thyself!

Keep your liberal agendas to yourself, then I will do the same.

You're a hypocrite.

I bet you are too.. :D

Let me revise this. A hypocrite is someone that says one thing and does another. I don't see where I have done that...

I bet you are too.. :D

Let me revise this. A hypocrite is someone that says one thing and does another. I don't see where I have done that...

You just told someone to keep their agendas to themselves, but, maybe I'm way out on a limb here, it sure seems like you keep pressing your agenda (i.e., fairly conservative, right-wing, traditionally Christian ideals) in just about every thread that I walk into.

You just told someone to keep their agendas to themselves, but, maybe I'm way out on a limb here, it sure seems like you keep pressing your agenda (i.e., fairly conservative, right-wing, traditionally Christian ideals) in just about every thread that I walk into.

And you keep pressing your silly left wing liberal ideas on them too. So we are even.

And you keep pressing your silly left wing liberal ideas on them too. So we are even.

Not exactly; you're a hypocrite, and I'm not.

Jesus, please help V8KILR with things like reading and logic and understanding stuff. He really needs help. Oh, also, could you make sure that I don't put a hole in my piston when I run 20+ pounds of boost? Thanks in advance for that one, Jesus.

Not exactly; you're a hypocrite, and I'm not.

Jesus, please help V8KILR with things like reading and logic and understanding stuff. He really needs help. Oh, also, could you make sure that I don't put a hole in my piston when I run 20+ pounds of boost? Thanks in advance for that one, Jesus.

Still waiting for you to find my hypocrisy....

I'm still waiting for you to find a functional cerebral cortex.

Waiting for you to get your frontal lobe back in order. Kind of sounds like your S5 dermatome has been stimulate too much :D