Looking for a car need help!

Janszen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i forgot to tell you. my dads selling the 94 saturn. 55k miles. great deal. $4,000. drop a new engine in it and you got some powa. you could be the cool kid in the school with the saturn.

Guest Mekkahfire
yea i was going to look at mustangs but im not to into the older body styles. i have around $5500 i ment to put that up there but forgot.

Then you're not getting a not-fucked up MR2 Turbo.. lol.

And try getting one thats actually turbocharged. The 3SGE is a non-turbo out of an AE86.. You want the 3SGTE.

I went through a confusion period after I sold my MR2 turbo.. Didnt know what i wanted to buy. I test drove about ~20 cars (had an awesome time), but there is just nothing that compares, in any way. Plus they're mad cheap to make reallllly fast.

Problem is they're starting to have supra-syndrome. Find a good '93 with 80k on the clock and you're paying about $10k.

www.mr2trader.com

www.mr2board.com

www.mr2oc.com

hey i forgot to tell you. my dads selling the 94 saturn. 55k miles. great deal. $4,000. drop a new engine in it and you got some powa. you could be the cool kid in the school with the saturn.

kinda like you are with your v6 stang? :D

If you are on any kind of budget I would stay as far away from 3000GT's and Stealths. They will nickel and dime you to death.

If this were to be a summer driver I would go for a mustang or f-body. Do some supporting mods and nitros is a great way to go fast cheap.

And try getting one thats actually turbocharged. The 3SGE is a non-turbo out of an AE86.. You want the 3SGTE.

I may be wrong but I think the AE86 had a 4ag. I'm pretty sure the 3sge came in late 80's celica gts, but what do I know.

Guest 78novaman

$5500 can go a long way if spent right. If you don't want to be the fastest guy but want to be surprisingly quick with a lot of class, go for an often overlooked car such as:

96-97 T-Bird or Cougar 2V 4.6L (stang motor)

96-98 Mark VIII 4V 4.6L (cobra motor)

97+ Regal GS 3800 series II supercharged (same as GTP/Monte SS)

94-96 Caprice or Roadmaster LT1 (Camaro motor)

I went through a confusion period after I sold my MR2 turbo.. Didnt know what i wanted to buy. I test drove about ~20 cars (had an awesome time), but there is just nothing that compares, in any way. Plus they're mad cheap to make reallllly fast.

Problem is they're starting to have supra-syndrome. Find a good '93 with 80k on the clock and you're paying about $10k.

www.mr2trader.com

www.mr2board.com

www.mr2oc.com

yes i know all about the 3sge and 3sgte i didn't want the turbo version mostly because of what you said 10G's and i don't have that the car i have now is a 91 mr2 with a 94 JDM 3sge entire suspension redone, has about 100 miles on it, premium sound, lsd tranny, makes about 180hp.

it obviously broke so now i have to decide weather to give it back to the owner get my money back and find another car or try and get money out of him to replace the engine.

Guest Mekkahfire

Wow that's a pretty car.

You selling it? :D

I'd be more than happy to take that shell off your hands... I have just the motor in mind too.

Wow that's a pretty car.

You selling it? :D

I'd be more than happy to take that shell off your hands... I have just the motor in mind too.

Sarcasm is so hard to catch via the internet. Did you read the whole thread? He gave the car back and retrieved his money.

Wrong.......wrong.......wrong......wrong....

wrong. The 3SGE never came to the US, and FYI they are great NA motors, it just so happens that the 3SGTE is better. My MR2 has a 4AGE, the same one that was in the AE86.

Guest Mekkahfire
Sarcasm is so hard to catch via the internet. Did you read the whole thread? He gave the car back and retrieved his money.

Actually somehow i missed that :(

Well tell the origonal seller that ill buy it for like 2k :>

Guest Mekkahfire

wrong. The 3SGE never came to the US, and FYI they are great NA motors, it just so happens that the 3SGTE is better. My MR2 has a 4AGE, the same one that was in the AE86.

I meant the JDM '86'es. Not the uber-sweet 4AGE's with their whopping ~130hp. 3SGE's are nice because they rev.

Then you have a BEAMS... Hmm..

according to Wikipedia and a couple of sites I just searched it was available in the 86-89 Celica GT-S but that's about it. I read a couple posts claiming it was available in Canada in other models but I don't know about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_3S-GE