Can I get a general consesus on what's right here please....

Bam

Who Should Pay The Ticket?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Pay The Ticket?

• Driver = Ex GF
    • Car Owner = Me
    • Split the ticket between both of us.

I have actually had a similar situation.

I was driving me ex boyfriends car, and was pulled over for expired tags. I didnt know the tags were exprired, my car was broke down, so i had to drive his car to work. (we were together at thos point) So i told him about the ticket and he said he woudl pay it..

A few weeks later we broke up, and i never thought about it, till i got pulled over for a suspended licsense (i wasnt aware of) from not paying for said ticket.

I went to court, told teh judge what happened, and he ruled in my favor and dropped teh suspension and had teh court send him the bill.

okay here's how i see it.

1) she's your ex-gf. you are in no way obligated to lend her your car, as you would be with a current gf. therefore, she is taking your car at her own risk. argument over

2) for argument's sake, lets say you want to be nice and not treat her like that. okay, well she was driving, not you. you won't get a ticket for leaving your car sitting in a driveway with too much tint or no front plate, so therefore the only time its fair game is when its driving. she was the driver, so she's fair game, not you. argument over

3) say you want to take this farther. just put a front plate on it, bring it in, show them you've fixed it, and they won't charge you the ticket.

Ok, its been said time and time again. Pay the ticket, tell her to fix her own damn brakes.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not but why talk to her anymore if she's going to act like this? I mean having a dissagreement is fine but like you said showing up to your work and bitching you out in front of everyone. Pay the ticket, never talk to her again. DONE.

EDIT: Thanks to SpaceGhost for adding a poll, PLEASE vote guys!

Yesterday I lent my car to my EX-girlfriend because her car had a check engine light and I knew it needed front brake pads, no problem, being the nice guy I am I told her I'd replace the front pads and check out the engine light.

She calls me at like 5pm last night and tells me that SHE got a ticket in MY CAR, for window tint and no front plate The window tint was just a warning, but the cop wrote a $100 ticket for no front plate. Ok that sucks but my car wasn't drilled when I bought it new for a front plate so I never put one on, she knew this and I've had this car for damn near 2 years, of which we dated for most of it.

Anyways, she said "It's your car, you gotta pay it" I said, who's name is on the ticket? Of course its hers, but she's bitching and complaining and moaning. She had the audacity to come in my work last night and bitch me out in front of my employees/customers and take her car back, before I had worked on it.

Fuck, I wrote a godamn book..

CLIFFNOTES... Ex girlfried borrowed my car so I could fix her car, she got a $100 ticket for no front plate while driving my car and is insisting I pay it...who should pay it?

I feel bad for her, but at the same time I don't. She knew she was driving my car, and SHE got the ticket.

4 something like that you should pay it is your car you are the one that did not put your plate on.

the ticket is a equipment violation for your equipment not hers = you pay. If she got a moving violation she whould have payed or if she had parked it some where and gotton a ticket she whould have payed.

However if she had two brain cells she whould not burn a bridge with her free car repair and pay it herself, but most people these days realy don't think down the road anymore

I have actually had a similar situation.

I was driving me ex boyfriends car, and was pulled over for expired tags. I didnt know the tags were exprired, my car was broke down, so i had to drive his car to work. (we were together at thos point) So i told him about the ticket and he said he woudl pay it..

A few weeks later we broke up, and i never thought about it, till i got pulled over for a suspended licsense (i wasnt aware of) from not paying for said ticket.

I went to court, told teh judge what happened, and he ruled in my favor and dropped teh suspension and had teh court send him the bill.

that's hear-say... how can a judge bill him without proof that he said he'd pay the ticket...

as far as paying that chick's ticket... screw her... she drove it, she knew there was window tint on it as well as no front plate... you don't owe her anything... if a buddy borrowed the car, he wouldn't bitch and want you to pay his ticket.... so what's the difference? at this point, she's just a friend... women want equal rights... come get them.

Thanks for the support guys, I was doing her a favor, that coupled with the fact of how she reacted/came at me really ticked me off. I still feel that I shouldn't pay the ticket and I'm not going to, she is, but its the principal and if she had come at more adult-like, I might have been more willing to assist.

• 2 weeks later...

Man up and pay the ticket... Honestly, you would do a disservice to your masculinity by making her do so.

Quoted for truth.

You know the saying... No good deed goes unpunished. Pay the ticket, and commit the way she acted to memory. Remember this the next time you're feeling nostalgic and sympathetic. It's a $100 life lesson that's well worth it. :)

Quoted for truth.

You know the saying... No good deed goes unpunished. Pay the ticket, and commit the way she acted to memory. Remember this the next time you're feeling nostalgic and sympathetic. It's a $100 life lesson that's well worth it. :)

thats just it he was doing a good deed. Two of them actually. Letting her borrow his car and fixing her car with his money and his freetime.

Fuck that. Make her pay the ticket and never talk to her again.

Now, that is not a dick move. If a girl did that in my car and came up to me and said "Can you pay this or split it with me?" I would be all about it. But if she rolled into his work bitching like that, make her pay that shit just for being a whore. She obviously had no gratitude for you taking time out of your day to help her out so fuck that.

thanks guys, she paid the ticket and i didn't fix her car, told her to get bent and do it herself.

see what happens when you try and do a favor for someone? fuckin' america nowadays

Some of these responses are fucking SAD... :(

I can't believe ANY of you (other than the jokers) were actually telling him to man up and pay it. He was doing her a favor FOR FREE, she needed a car and borrowed his FOR FREE. He could have told her to go rent one...

IT IS NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY FOR DRIVING OFFENSES COMMITED WHILE SHE IS BEHIND THE WHEEL REGARDLESS OF A MOVING VIOLATION. :cry:

It doesn't matter if it's his car. She willingly borrowed it and accepts all responsibiliy while it is in her possesion....PERIOD!

That's like taking your bud's car that doesn't have insurance and getting in a wreck and then the owner having to pay. You PERSONALLY are responsible for ANY VEHICLE YOU DRIVE REGARDLESS of whom owns it.

So if you get a speeding ticket on a test drive, does the dealer pay.....hell no!

Not to mention he was doing the work on her car at NO CHARGE. I would have just subtracted what a shop would have charged her for doing the same work from the ticket price. She'd still have to come up with money.

She sounds like a needy unappreciating bitch that needs to STFU and fork the money over to get her shit fixed AND pay the ticket. The fact that she is trying to milk you a ex/friend, whatever...for help shows what kind of a person she is. Her coming into your work and flipping a lid is UNACCEPTABLE regardless of what happened. I would have taken the bitch outside and told her the hell off and to never ask for shit again in her life.

PIIHB and walk away for good.... ;)