Eff Hotels.com

HotCarl

Ok I got a great rate on a my Chattanooga hotel. 20$ cheaper than anywhere else. After I get my confirmation number and information they offer to give me printer friendly direction's from the site. So I do, despite the fact i already have direction's to another tourist location in the area from Mapquest. I'll sum this up as much as possible in saying Hotels.com's direction's were HORRIBLE. I was at least 2 hours in the WRONG DIRECTION before I was able to stop at a welcome center in Ketucky and figure out where the hell I was at. Luckily the highway I was on hooked back up with i75 and I was able to resume my trip. All in all my 7 hour trip turned into a 9 hour trip. Freakin' rediculous.

/rant

No, he just needs a map, you can't trust anything nowadays, pull out a trust map and LOOK AT IT, no big deal, easy a pie and works everytime. I've yet to get lost on my many trips to various states, because I carry a map in my car all the time.

Don't lie. You know you just got lost.

damn, way to call me out.

seriously though, its common knowledge that any interstate with an odd number run's North and South, while even number's run East and West. When the direction's asked to take 71 to 75, then continue on 71S, I didnt question it. Then they said take 64 E for 170mi... I thought that was a bit odd. Luckily thats 64 meets 75 again in Lexington. Bascially a 2 hour detour.

As for Garmin, I'd rather spend that money on sattellite radio for my car and use a map. At least with that I'd use it more than once a month. Then again I used a map this time and look what happened. :(

EDIT: I used a map from a "reputable site" and look what happened. I should've cross referenced the map with mapquest, and a REAL map before I made my trip but i was lazy. Just a little more preperation and i would've been fine, doesn't matter.. I still blame somone else.. its just easier that way :)

Even Mapquest directions to get to the Columbus Zoo, were at one time, completely wrong.

If coming from the east, then going north on 270, when you got off the highway Mapquest told you to turn left.

The Zoo is to the right, had it not been my first time driving to the Zoo myself where I actually had to pay attention to where I was going, I would have seen that as being wrong immediatly. But 20 minutes in the wrong direction with 4 wrong turns we eventually figured out the correct way to go.

I will agree though that Garmin is the shit.

Maybe they detoured you around some major contruction or something else. You know there doing that these days.

negative, I took the correct way home the way back and it was 2 hours faster, a bit of construction but nothing to warrant such a detour. I learned my lesson that time. Im going on a road trip this month to SC/FL/OH, I'll be sure to plan this one out a bit better.

Guest 78novaman

I'm on the road a good bit and I always make sure I have an up to date map in the glove box for the area I'm traveling in. I never trust any map software or online service 100%. It's ok for quick reference, but always get an up to date printed map to verify.

If you are a AAA member you can go into any AAA office and they will help you plan the route for any road trip. As part of a membership you get free maps and tourist guides. Went to philly a couple of winters ago, got a PA map, Philly map, and a couple of books from AAA, plus they made sure I knew about any events, construction, etc. going on in the area.

I'm supposed to book my hotel in Florida on Hotels.com this week.... but I didn't expect to have to pay the total up front. I never had to do that before with them......

Really? that's one thing i actually liked about them, I paid everything online. When i got there I showed my ID and that was it.

oh and i paid 10$ for valet parking, it was already 8 to park it myself, i tipped a guy 2$ to park it.

Really? that's one thing i actually liked about them, I paid everything online. When i got there I showed my ID and that was it.

oh and i paid 10$ for valet parking, it was already 8 to park it myself, i tipped a guy 2$ to park it.

I may end up liking it, only coz that cost is now out of the way.... but still