Check out the upcoming mini kegs $20

87GT

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4217337.html

http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/heineken-minikeg-430.jpg

Heineken has stuffed a lot of claims into its plucky little 5-liter minikeg. It's the first true draft minikeg, meaning that instead of working a pump between pours or flipping open a gravity tap near the bottom of the keg, you simply pull the lever on the top-mounted tap, and out comes Heineken.

Each keg comes with an internal C02 compressor, which pushes the beer up the line and prevents the contents of the keg from coming into direct contact with the air. That means beer stays fresh for at least 30 days after the keg is tapped. Not that most people need a month to power through 5 liters (more than 10 pint glasses), but maybe you're the slow-sipping, long-savoring, drinking-in-solitude type.

The keg isn't meant to be refilled, especially since you'd have to recharge the C02 yourself. But the good news is that it costs $20, or around $2 per expertly-poured, foam-topped pint. Buying the equivalent amount of Heineken would generally cost more than that, especially in New York City's price-gouging delis.

We've had ours open for a few days now, at the point where most minikegs would be officially skunked, and it still tastes fresh, and exactly like Heineken (this isn't a beer review, but if you're still reading this you've had enough Heinekens to know whether you like it or not).

If you live overseas or in certain parts of the U.S. (it's available in 9 states) you can try the minikeg for yourself right now, or wait for it go nationwide at the end of June. And if we can hold out, we'll try one last pint at the 30-day mark. Yes, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it. —Erik Sofge

Heine is a top 5 favorite beer for me.

Here is a pic of my buddy ryan with 2 of them!

http://www.itsdebo.com/ryan.jpg

ROFL. He's in my degree path at Devry. I've had class w/ this kid for the past year. Small world.

Those things are cool, i'll have to give them a try. What does Heinken taste like in comparison?

ROFL. He's in my degree path at Devry. I've had class w/ this kid for the past year. Small world.

Those things are cool, i'll have to give them a try. What does Heinken taste like in comparison?

Yeah I go to devry too, I parked next to you once and the turbospec(keith)

Ryan has a sick built 3.0L vr6 GTI, its one of my favorite rides!