Man Eastland mall sucks!

Johny Utah

I can remember when it was the place to go. It is sad to see what has happend there. I use to go to the movie theater that was in Eastland. Then they shut that down and now amc 6 and 8 are gone.

I grew up down the road as well. Gold Circle, Service Merchandise, Central Hardware, etc. That area of town was booming, and wasn't the ghetto it is now. I lived in Groveport-Madison, and now am almost afraid to drive through there.

I grew up down the road as well. Gold Circle, Service Merchandise, Central Hardware, etc. That area of town was booming, and wasn't the ghetto it is now. I lived in Groveport-Madison, and now am almost afraid to drive through there.

QFT

hahah I cant remember the last time I hear the name Gold Circle.

Anyone ever have Tommys pizza?

They had that Godfather's by Central Hardware, there was also Cardo's in Asbury Center off of Harbor and Noe Bixby, and Angie's which is still there across from where Super Duper was on Refugee :)

Cardo's was good, I knew the owner so we got a discount. Tommys was the best though.

They had that Godfather's by Central Hardware, there was also Cardo's in Asbury Center off of Harbor and Noe Bixby, and Angie's which is still there across from where Super Duper was on Refugee :)

I'm waiting for someone to flip out on you for being off topic. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

I loved me some Cardos.. there was Gardos on the West side which was great too.. my favorite now is Papa Joe's in the hood up on Whitehall in Main St.

Eastland mall is lame, and I also remember the old days when it was the hot mall. Before they shut down the movie theater friend's were constantly getting their cars broken into there.. Nice thing about it sucking now is that it's usually pretty empty if you ever need to run there and grab anything. I love Chik-fil-A but even that one there sucks. I had the worst fries twice in a row. Tasted like the grease was never changed.

Those were great stores at one time. Do you remember Certis Mathis? I use to rent Nentendo NES games there. I loved Dane Drugs that was by super duper.

Those were great stores at one time. Do you remember Certis Mathis? I use to rent Nentendo NES games there. I loved Dane Drugs that was by super duper.

They still have Food Center, and it is still behind the Dairy Queen. All these places are my old stomping grounds. I grew up within a 1/4 mile of Food Center.

Eastland Mall is and has been a scary place for more than a few years! I only take the kids there on Saturday mornings to the food court , all the thugs are still in bed at that time . The kids love Chik fil A.

My Dad still lives over in that area, I tell him it is time to move. You know parents though , they think they know everything :)

I have a funny story about the Eastland mall area. I was about 12-13 years old and we were back behind the AMC8 that is across from the mall. Some one forgot to put the pad lock on the electrical disconnect for the movie theater. Of course kids with nothing to do and time on their hands will figure out something to do. So after several exchanges of I dare you and the triple dog dare. I walk up and shut off the power to the theater. Of course we took off because the Square D box made a big noise when I threw the switch.