LSX aftermarket rear ends

V8 Beast

After reading up on aftermarket rears for us LSX guys I found that we have a choice.. broke.. or broken.

Going through about 500+ posts over at LS1tech the only constant is that they leak, and that it takes years to fix them. There is a lot of down time, and even more frustration. If you are in the market for a Moser or a Strange do yourself a favor and do not get the assembled rear. Buy the housing, axles, etc all seperate. Then take them to a local shop and have them put it together. This way you have someone close that you can take it back to if there are any problems. It also assures that you trust and know the person working on it. Dont pay $3k for a POS that will leak eventually. Pay $3350 and have a mod that will withstand more than 12 months :mad:

I'm taking my car to Rob (RL) to let him work his magic. Putting 1/2 a quart of gear oil in it every 2 weeks is getting old.

If that is the case what could a decent rebuild on a 10 bolt handle? Mine makes alot of noise now, but yet I am just very basic bolt ons. I am not ready to drop 3500 on a 1000hp rear end, i would like to just freshen up mine untill this car is no longer my dd. That and i am in a auto, I would imagine i could roll race all day long with much more hp if i had a decent 10 bolt, but is it worth it.

If that is the case what could a decent rebuild on a 10 bolt handle? Mine makes alot of noise now, but yet I am just very basic bolt ons. I am not ready to drop 3500 on a 1000hp rear end, i would like to just freshen up mine untill this car is no longer my dd. That and i am in a auto, I would imagine i could roll race all day long with much more hp if i had a decent 10 bolt, but is it worth it.

Yeah, stock rears last longer in an auto. Roll racing you can pretty much do forever. Its launching with sticky tires that can possibly mess you up. There are some that have 700+hp running 10's on the stock 10 bolt. But at the same time I have read where a stock car broke his rear and his only mod was tires.

Ask John (RUTAN TA) he is the board expert on breaking GM 10 bolts

unfortunetly brians experience is all to common with the aftermarket rearends. You would think there assembly would be second to none. I mean they are "supposed" to be the pro's. Hello quality control OH they left the building.

unfortunetly brians experience is all to common with the aftermarket rearends. You would think there assembly would be second to none. I mean they are "supposed" to be the pro's. Hello quality control OH they left the building.

Hey Ray lets start making quality rear ends and take over the market!!! Instead of "Strange", we can call our product "Normal"!!

<--- Moster 12-bolt, 33-spline axles, HD Eaton Posi, TA Cover, 1350 yoke, Moser assembled, have had it for years and not broken. Only issue I ever had was an axle bearing go bad (not Moser's fault); replaced it, no other issues.

If I were doing it again, I'd go with a 9"

• 2 weeks later...