Stop wearing these fucking shoes

Mensan

Negatory... i wear thoes EXACT shoes except in black when im at the hospital. and here is why

PROS

a) you can CLEAN THEM. you can take a sani-cloth to them (a cleaner so powerful it will give youcancre if you use it on direct skin) vs reg shoes when they get blood and piss all over them you throw out

b) Comfort. 12hr shifts in an ER sitting, standing, running, walking, pushing and pulling.

they give you enought support that you back isnt killing you by the end of the day, but are agile enough to run across the hospital for a code

c) These specific shoes Dont have holes on the tops like the regular crocs do...so when that psych pt desides hes pissing all over the bed and down on to your shoe and scrub pants.....well atleast your socks are clean

d)Price- the high end name brand medical specific crocks only go for $35 at Nordstrom Vs the danscos which are the Er standard(shit in my oppinion) that cost $120, are suppost to be orthopedic glogs, and you cant move in them worth a shit. plus they are leather and dont clean up at all easily.

e)they are GREAT for water use. PERFECT FOR canooning,kyacking and where you have to get out and walk over shallow spots. Ideal for regualr boating where you might be swimming/boating/docking and hitting the bars and you dont wanna wear thoes gay ass aqua socks. also playing in lake errie so your feet dont get cut up by thoes fucking razor muscle.

crocs where designed in australia for surfers so they wouldnt burn their feet on the sand and fuck up on the corral, but could wear them all the time

cons

watch out for thoes pesky teeth at the top of the escalotors:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4681/200607191658390008im7.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2685/200607191659190009ci1.jpg

i did escape with all my toes, but ive heard storries about little kids whos piggies never came back from the market

Those aren't black, they are purple you penis loving colorblind retard.

I guarantee if you wear those long term they WILL do permanent damage to you're feet, especially if it's while you are working standing up 12 hours per day. No matter how comfortalbe you think they are.

when the boys were born every nurse at OUS and childrens wore them. I guess they are extermly comfortable if you have to be on your feet all day.

The nurses at St. Ann's wear those shoes. They are the nastiest shoes ever.1 more thing, a guy should NEVER wear them!

comfortable shoes are important when you're on your feet for long periods of time, as nurses are. think about this: during a 3-4 hour surgery, a surgeon stands on his feet the whole time, and takes very few steps--in other words, he's standing in one place for hours and hours--that can be extremely hard on your feet, more so, than if you were occasionally walking during that time. still, many surgeons just have comfortable tennis shoes, and wear boot covers so they don't get blood on their shoes and track it all over the o.r./hospital.

Neon colored plastic clogs do look retarded. On or off of the feet.

+18753749505013649494123

I've been wearing both since the mid 70's. Still own 3 pairs of Sambas.

Yes, I'm that old!

70s??? Poor poor Mike :-P You know you like the clogs don't lie! :-)

I guarantee if you wear those long term they WILL do permanent damage to you're feet, especially if it's while you are working standing up 12 hours per day. No matter how comfortalbe you think they are.

i don't know of any SOLID medical literature to support this, or the idea of causing knee/hip/back problems PRIMARILY through improper shoe wear--and i don't think these shoes are considered improper. improper gait, posture, muscle balance/strength, genetic predispositions, and physical proportions (obesity) are what i would consider the primary factors determining who is going to have debilitating knee/hip/back pain. there was a podiatric conference at the hilton at easton, and these shoes were being sold and advocated by several vendors there. you wouldn't see them being sold there, if there was ANY indication that they caused long term feet problems. i was not at the hilton for the convention, just there by coincidence.

If you don't understand how shoes that don't have proper support in the proper areas (for your feet) is going to cause those issues, then I can't really explain it. I don't see how those (shoes) possibly could.

People in the medical field do things all of the time for money and not for the sake of medicine.

If you don't understand how shoes that don't have proper support in the proper areas (for your feet) is going to cause those issues, then I can't really explain it. I don't see how those (shoes) possibly could.

People in the medical field do things all of the time for money and not for the sake of medicine.

no offense, but if you can't explain it, then you obviously don't understand it. it is very true that physicians use arch supports and foot orthotics to treat pre-existing foot conditions, but they don't routinely prescribe special shoes for the average person. if you've ever tried a pair of these on, you would find that the arch support is on par with other shoes.

people in the medical field do things all the time for money------because its called a FUCKING JOB.

if you want to do something for the sake of medicine, why don't you conduct a scientific research study that proves these shoes cause long term health problems. then you can publish your paper, and create clogs that DO have the proper support you hypothesize is necessary to prevent long term complications from improper shoe-wear. you can become a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE, and put the other company out of business.

I can explain it, just not to someone like you.

i should apologize for my harsh posts. its just that, in the past four years, during my training as an orthopedic surgeon, i've found no solid evidence that supports the use of shoes specifically designed to support the arch in the prevention of acquired pes planovalgus (adult flat feet), which is what i presume you were going to 'explain' to me. if you're a fat 40 year old female, then maybe it is useful to wear specific arch supports/orthotics, but not for the average joe. i always tell patients to wear shoes that are comfortable for them, and leave it at that.

but i am open to learn, and i have one more year before i go into private practice.

I will add that the foot has three arches to it that should be supported. Dropping of any of the three arches will lead to improper gait, therefor altering the normal biomechanics of the ankle, knees, pelvis and spine.

I will disagree with Kirk. In my opinion, we are on our feet much more than we intended to be. I don't think our body we were designed for that type of abuse. So I would say that proper support of the arches is critical. Custom orthotics are very useful at supporting the three arches and preventing problems. Why wait until they drop before supporting them? If supporting the arches were not important then why would the shoe manufactures attempt it in nearly every shoe made.

In my office, I have the equipment to scan the feet and look at the pressure pattern that the feet are producing. I have practiced for 8 years and have seen about 3000 new patients in that time, the vast majority have some sort of foot problems.

As far as the crocs being a good shoe... I don't know. But what is a good shoe for one person, is a bad shoe for another.

I will disagree with Kirk. In my opinion, we are on our feet much more than we intended to be. I don't think our body we were designed for that type of abuse. So I would say that proper support of the arches is critical. Custom orthotics are very useful at supporting the three arches and preventing problems. Why wait until they drop before supporting them? If supporting the arches were not important then why would the shoe manufactures attempt it in nearly every shoe made.

I have practiced for 8 years and have seen about 3000 new patients in that time, the vast majority have some sort of foot problems.

QUOTE]

i understand your perspective, and see where you're coming from. but at the same time, for every 1 of the 3,000 patients you've seen, there are hundereds of people out there who will never have a chronic foot problem. i can guess that your average patient is obese, and female, about 40 years old--the typical columbus female--that is the PRIME candidate for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, and flat feet.

of course if you walked around barefoot, or wearing sandals for 12 hours a day everyday, i could see where you could have a problem. but the average shoe has enough arch support for the average adult.

the reason there are so many arch support companies and products out there, is advertising in medicine, and companies out to make a buck (not necessarily physicians, like trouble maker implied). they market these products which do not necessarily work, but the public believes they do.

along the same lines, computer companies have spent and made BILLIONS of dollars selling those ergonomic keyboards, in an effort to decrease carpal tunnel syndrome. but guess what----research has shown that they do not have an impact in decreasing carpal tunnel syndrome.

Those aren't black, they are purple you penis loving colorblind retard.

I guarantee if you wear those long term they WILL do permanent damage to you're feet, especially if it's while you are working standing up 12 hours per day. No matter how comfortable you think they are.

i agree partly...no specific connection weight bearing and long term knee and back problems. The majority of people who wear tennis shoes or running shoes every day will end up with some of back joint problems. SImply put, despite what you wear, the longer you are on your feet the more prone you are to back problems. With theses shoes i dont have back pains as badly as i did with tennis shoes or orthopedic arch support shoes.

ps pull you head out of your ass and wipe the shit out of your eye lids homeboy, those are blue crocs. and since the toes is missing off of one, i bought black medical crocs.:asshole:

I have practiced for 8 years and have seen about 3000 new patients in that time, the vast majority have some sort of foot problems.

QUOTE]

i understand your perspective, and see where you're coming from. but at the same time, for every 1 of the 3,000 patients you've seen, there are hundereds of people out there who will never have a chronic foot problem. i can guess that your average patient is obese, and female, about 40 years old--the typical columbus female--that is the PRIME candidate for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, and flat feet.

I agree. The patient population that I see have problems when they enter the door. I generally don't see too many people that have no symptoms.

the reason there are so many arch support companies and products out there, is advertising in medicine, and companies out to make a buck (not necessarily physicians, like trouble maker implied). they market these products which do not necessarily work, but the public believes they do.

I dont see a problem with Doctor making money. Health care is sales.. bottom line. If we don't make $$ no one get health care.

along the same lines, computer companies have spent and made BILLIONS of dollars selling those ergonomic keyboards, in an effort to decrease carpal tunnel syndrome. but guess what----research has shown that they do not have an impact in decreasing carpal tunnel syndrome.

I agree. Carpal tunnel has been good to me.

LMAO nice thread. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with those things. I totally repect wearing them if you are using them like gardening / working @ the hospital etc. But in public as your "tennis shoes" NO

sean

LMAO nice thread. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with those things. I totally repect wearing them if you are using them like gardening / working @ the hospital etc. But in public as your "tennis shoes" NO

sean

+1