Off Road Help

Guest 1raregt

Guest 1raregt
im pretty new to the offroading scene....i recently bought a 01 ram off road edition, and im looking to get it dirty, but i dont know of any places to take it where i wont get arrested if im cought....any ideas? im in the southwest corner of c-bus

Honestly, my biggest recommendation is to never take something offroading that you give a shit about. Offroading is incredible fun, but you have to assume that you will hurt or break something in the driveline, and end up with body damage.

With that out of the way, if you still want to take out such a new truck, get on ohio4x4 and look around for info on a novice ride. Everyone is welcome, and the trails are fairly easy with a minimal risk of damage.

I personally wheel an '88 Suzuki Samurai, and I'm somewhat disappointed that I haven't rolled it yet :D

Copperhead is right on the money. You don't wanna go offroading especially in a fullsize vehicle unless you plan on denting every body panel and if its not a 1 ton you'll probably break axles and u-joints pretty often just trying to lug all that weight around. If you still want to come out and play check out our novice ride which will be comming up in August. We are requiring pre registration this year due to having over 100 rigs show up to our last event. It is definatly going to be a NOVICE only event from now on and all drivers will be espected to have little or no offroad experience at this event. Hopefully this will bring it back to being more fun for the participants since the trails are so easy I idle around 99% of it in 2wd.

You could always come up to my place and get stuck in my backyard:-) So far a CASE 750 dozer and my mud truck are the only things that don't get stuck. I've had to pull my wifes truck and a 9,000lb skidsteer out a few times. Also we are talking with a guy that has like 100 acres around delaware that lets some people do some wheeling. Its private and invitation only so no promises from me.

Evan