New Ride...It's a project.

Patrick

I started body work today, just some surface rust that needs taken care of, i have a laundry list of things that need to be done to it, ie; running correctly (codes indicate it's running lean after 12 min...TurboDodge, don't fail me now!) and the seats, the driver's seat is permanantly back, it won't click into place where I want it to. Dunno. Plus a good stereo would be nice, nothing expensive. I spray painted the cowl today, and a few buddies of mine and me (dan93z28 and his cousin) started sanding it and we got the worst parts on the hatch sprayed with primer. I hope to have it primered completely come next meet I can go to, but right now, I just want the thing to run right. The ground keeps shooting off of the alternator and making it lose power. Quick fix was to electrical tape it.

I started body work today, just some surface rust that needs taken care of, i have a laundry list of things that need to be done to it, ie; running correctly (codes indicate it's running lean after 12 min...TurboDodge, don't fail me now!) and the seats, the driver's seat is permanantly back, it won't click into place where I want it to. Dunno. Plus a good stereo would be nice, nothing expensive. I spray painted the cowl today, and a few buddies of mine and me (dan93z28 and his cousin) started sanding it and we got the worst parts on the hatch sprayed with primer. I hope to have it primered completely come next meet I can go to, but right now, I just want the thing to run right. The ground keeps shooting off of the alternator and making it lose power. Quick fix was to electrical tape it.

the big places for rust for these is the frame rails (mostly the rear), the firewall and the floorboards. This is all an easy fix. If I were you I would pull the carpet up to find out. No use spending a lot of money on the car to find out there is a hole in the floor. good luck

get a good scanner.....

you may have a power module problem ( controls alternator voltage, and distributes power)

it can also screw with the logic module ( engine controls)

fun cars, but you might want to look at going to an integrated pcm from a later car should be a tech faq about it over on turbododge

I was looking at plug and play ECU's from Mopar and FWDPerformance, bumps the boost (computer controlled...way to get around? Do not know anything about turbo cars.) and adjusts the fuel/air maps, basically a better computer. Once I get a stable job, all will be well. I started priming more today, I hope to paint the car Santa Fe Blue again, but I'm not sure if I could find it online. This is a big project I hope to have done by sometime next year, but I know that will be delayed.

Floorboards are the only places with bad rust right now. Sometime soon I want to get that taken care of, I know a few people with welders who could help me out.

I'll have to look into TII wiring, thanks for the tip-off. I did a little research before I bought it, but not too much, kind of an impulse buy.

get a good scanner.....

you may have a power module problem ( controls alternator voltage, and distributes power)

it can also screw with the logic module ( engine controls)

fun cars, but you might want to look at going to an integrated pcm from a later car should be a tech faq about it over on turbododge

I can't remember the codes, I wrote them down at the North End wrench while I was hanging with MegamanEXE and Crossle, but I lost the paper. Go me.