Autox at OSU this weekend.....

Dr. Apex

This saturday the 16th there is a drivers school going on at the OSU lot, if you havn't already signed up for it you won't be able to get in. I will be there but it will be a small crowd.

Sunday the 17th is a regular event open to everyone at the OSU lot. Right now weather report looks nice and hot all week and for the weekend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 78novaman

I've already registered for this weekend. This will be my first time driving, let's see how many cones I can hit! Bringing out "Das Boot" aka the big black V8 Cougar.

I know you guys have loaner helmets, but can I use one for racing or are they just for riding along? If yes, do you have any XXL? I have a big head! One more thing, to mark my number on the car, is 2.5" white masking tape acceptable?

I've already registered for this weekend. This will be my first time driving, let's see how many cones I can hit! Bringing out "Das Boot" aka the big black V8 Cougar.

I know you guys have loaner helmets, but can I use one for racing or are they just for riding along? If yes, do you have any XXL? I have a big head! One more thing, to mark my number on the car, is 2.5" white masking tape acceptable?

The loaner helmets are for whatever, you just need to only borrow it when your driving/riding. If your not behind the wheel/riding put the helmet back, they have a problem with loaners being borrowed all day and their aren't enough for everyone.

Make sure you use the "Painters" type masking tape, the other stuff will leave a nasty residue on your paint. Most any color is good as long as it's visible and the numbers/letters are legible.

yes. Saturday's school has been full for awhile now.

Since you won't make it Saturday, I'd encourage you to come out to the regular event on Sunday. Many veterans are willing to provide crucial insight to beginners. It's not hard to find somebody willing to ride along with you. Also, there is a novice track walk and a myriad of other extras designed to allow an easy introduction to the racing.

yes. It has been full for awhile now.

I'd still encourage you to come out to the event. Many veterans are willing to provide crucial insight to beginners. It's not hard to find somebody willing to ride along with you. Also, there is a novice track walk and a myriad of other extras designed to allow an easy introduction to the racing

On saturday.....It's hard to say about riding along and what not. I know Ray and I talked about it and we will not be taking any passengers as we want to focused on learning what we can from the instructors.

On sunday the normal novice course walk will be done and most people will take passengers.

On saturday.....It's hard to say about riding along and what not. I know Ray and I talked about it and we will not be taking any passengers as we want to focused on learning what we can from the instructors.

On sunday the normal novice course walk will be done and most people will take passengers.

I'm sorry. I'm an idiot and did not specify. I encourage you to come out for SUNDAY's regular event. Not Saturday's school.

:confused: I'm not very good using all of these internets. :confused:

Guest MyV6IsFast3r
A buddy of mine is co-driving with another friends SC Cavalier. I wish I could come, but at 2/32nd tread and my new track wheels and tires not getting here for another 4 weeks, AND the fact that I will be leaving for ATL Friday screws me lol.

What time does the event take place....which lot/location?

I haven't been down there for a while and memory is old......I'd like to bring my son for a little while as I'm sure he'd love to see some "race cars" :D

I'll bring some gear and get some good shots of those there too.

Matt, be there by 7am if you can, the 30 open slots have been filling fast.

Tim, it's at the OSU lot at the corner of 315 and Ackerman right next to the freeway. Racing starts around 9:30am. They have certain rules about kids depending on your kids age. You will at least need to be next to him only in the viewing area on the grass if he's under 12, 12-17 I think can roam around more without supervision. IF your not sure they will have a table setup on the grass usually near the mobile home that you can ask.

Just want to make sure your safe with your kid around all the cars. I'll be in the s2k in my sig and my Laser will be there also.

Hope to see you guys sunday.