get caught street racing in cali and...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

"That's my heart, my dream," said Hoang, 18, of Chino, who was surrounded by friends as his 1998 Acura Integra was put into a compactor. "That's my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can't crush my memories."

looooser

Guest hotrodmama024

They have very bad emission laws. I was born and raised there, my first car wouldnt pass emissions had to pay someone off for that signature.

Sucks ass to live out there!

Modding a car in cali is like smoking pot in Ohio. Seems harmless until you get caught and lose everything.

I disagree. Smoking pot in ohio was one of the more leniant states. il is x10 worse.

But yeah its some shit. I know I would just run. Or have my lawyer on speed dial. You better damn well prove that you got me for what you say ...

It would suck though.

All of the cars were caught with stolen parts, it's not like any car they pull over for speeding or suspected racing heads straight to the crusher. It's debatable, but they have legal authority to seize the whole car and do what they please with it. Except, of course, for the guy whose VIN plate 'fell off'... I am sure that car was legit...

what I do not understand is.What if the car has a lein on it?How could they legally crush the car that actually belongs to the bank?If the owner quit paying for it because it was crushed by the law the bank would have issues with the county it was impounded and destroyed in.I would think

They would repo something else, if its your fault the car was crushed (i.e. breaking the law) you're still responsible for the money. If its not your fault, then insurance pays for it

Holy crap Jono!

Long time no post!

What have you been up to ?