Mid Ohio this weekend

Guest MyV6IsFast3r

Guest MyV6IsFast3r

Anyone going?

The fourth annual Triple Crown Tuner Challenge presented by Embarq will once again be held at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in conjunction with the EMCO Gears Classic presented by KeyBank.This event will feature the hottest tuner cars of the Midwest and Northeast competing in six classes: 4 Cylinder, 4 Cylinder Forced Induction, 6 Cylinder, 6 Cylinder Forced Induction, 8 Cylinder and 8 Cylinder Forced Induction.The event’s judged competitions will include speed, sound and style competitions throughout the weekend. The individual with the highest score in all three categories will be crowned King of the Streets. Speed will be contested on a real road race track using two specially designed tests. The cornering competition will have entrants perform a timed run on a select series of difficult turns. The stop-box competition will have entrants accelerate and stop within a select area. Other weekend activities will include a burnout contest, bikini and fashion show, neon and specialty lighting contest, and the Boom and Zoom speed and sound competition.Are you looking to showcase your vehicle? Interested in participating in the burnout contest or fashion show? Participants are welcome! Winners in the car show will receive customized trophies while the burnout contest winner will receive $300 and a new set of Kumho tires and the winner of the fashion show will take home $500. For those individuals that are interested in entering either of these contests, please email us at info@midohio.com.To enter this year's event, click here to Register. For more information on the sound competition & associated activities, Please click on the following link: MECA Flyer

Go to http://www.midohio.com for more info.

Guest MyV6IsFast3r
I grew up about 5 miles away and my grandparents still live right down the road. Im going up tonight and will be there early tomorrow morning. I go the dark silver Z with GM Work wheels among other things so if you see me come over and say hi.

Guest MyV6IsFast3r
I was in the speed competition and got 2nd with bald rear tires and no brakes left. I was very disappointed that no GTO's raced, there was only 2 V8's. A mustang and an older Z28. I don't know what that says about the 50 GTO's that came and parked and never moved? What's up with that?

I was in the speed competition and got 2nd with bald rear tires and no brakes left. I was very disappointed that no GTO's raced, there was only 2 V8's. A mustang and an older Z28. I don't know what that says about the 50 GTO's that came and parked and never moved? What's up with that?

Because it's a marketing thing that's put on by Pontiac Performance. Same thing July 1 up at Summit Racing Motorsports Park. It's not a race day for us it's VIP access and lots of free food. LOL

And by the way we did go on the track.

Mid Ohio This weekend was A+. I had a ball. Pontiac knows how to treat there own I can say that. The GTO-R was nasty. I seen some very impressive GTO's. Russ it is always a pleasure seeing and hearing your goat. There was this one goat. All I can say is wow. It was the Lingenfelter GTO. OH MY!!!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/traumaxital/DSC02727.jpg

i was gonna go, but decided not to...after my buddy sent me some pics, it really didnt look like i missed anything i didnt see last year

plus, last year, hyundai actually paid for everyone + a guest's entrance fees, had free door prizes (of the 30 people who had cars there, everyone got a prize...good prizes too...satellite radio, subwoofers, dvd's, etc etc), and actually took everyone and their guests out to texas roadhouse or something and paid for our meals except for drinks.

but being that it wasnt the turnout they were hoping to get, and it was crappy in 05, they decided not to help sponsor it this year, and i didnt feel like paying 30$ to get in for the same thing

maybe next year

and the triple FTW

You should have heard it :) When we did are parade lap or whatever you call it. The sound of heaven. Escpecially when you hear them get on it and u can hear some of the turbo ones spoolin up on the straight stretch= lovely!!