Any Ford GT's at any dealerships in Columbus?

LPFSTheFett

That's not such a bad thing, though, if you're considering what chicks usually think when it comes to cars.

Girl: "Hi, nice car. Is that a Porsche?"

Guy with Porsche: "Yeah."

Girl: "Wow, it is fast?"

Guy with Porsche (knowing his $40K Porsche would get manhandled by a bolt-on LS1): "Uh, yeah, it's super fucking fast. You wanna ride?"

Girl: "Yes, and is it okay to take my panties off when I get in?"

So what you are saying is you just bought a Boxster. :p

The problem is I like to drag race and modify cars. So it takes the super exotics like a Lambo and Ferrari out of the running. The Ford GT is pushing it, but for drag racing I think it could be a monster. Plus roll races.. I mean 57% of it's weight is on it's back tires, tall gears, easily modified to the HP my car currently has. Traction wins races and I can't help but think the weight on the back would have a huge impact.

And again, nothing against Porsche's. I think they are awesome cars inside and out, just wish there was more of a styling difference between models. Heck the interior on the Porsche blows my Viper away lol.

Jason

The only problems they had and MOST didn't even have it were the recall on the upper/lower control arms. Some had casting imperfections and they didn't want them to fracture so they recalled ALL of them. This was sent out Jan 05 so only the early run cars even got the problem (Dec-04 to Jan-05 built dates). Other than that they have had no other issues but little things that happen on every car from poor owner care.

Jason,

I understand what you are saying and a FORD GT would be a great build and not something you see everyday. If the GT doesn't work out, I would still recommend you looking at and driving a 997-TT or 997GT2 (when it comes out). It's a amazing car that you will probably love. Not to mention the engine is over the rear so you will have little traction issues. Plus if you go with the TT, it's AWD so you will walk away from most doing dig or roll races at lower speeds.

Check out--> http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ They are easily modded also and have several in the 9's/10's. They all weight pretty much the same but the GT/TT have better traction available when talking higher HP.... :cool:

The problem is I like to drag race and modify cars. So it takes the super exotics like a Lambo and Ferrari out of the running. The Ford GT is pushing it, but for drag racing I think it could be a monster. Plus roll races.. I mean 57% of it's weight is on it's back tires, tall gears, easily modified to the HP my car currently has. Traction wins races and I can't help but think the weight on the back would have a huge impact.

Kenne Bell 2.4 swap, open up exhaust, tune, sticky tires, I think it could be fun. The GT would be a great car too, then you could do the Z06 and do the bolt ons too, and be under the GT $$$$$. But who can say they own a GT and actually drive it like they stole it?