new STI's

ghost1647545489

Guest sti06
I personally am not into hatches and would never drive one, but if I did like hatches I'd say that it looks pretty good. Overall though, I am very disappointed that the STI is turning into a hatch. It took me long enough to convince myself to drive a 4-door, let alone a hatch.

Looks like shit. Mitsubishi will make a lot of money this year

wrong. subaru owners have one of the best enthusiast followings, in which people who buy one will usually buy another. Plus, dont judge this car until you are able to see it in person. On a side note the 08 Forester TR looks nasty.

My wife and me are going to trade the monte in next year to get her a 03-04 Legacy or something to haul the dogs around in.

I don't know what I think of the hatch but I do know so far from what I've seen the WRX handles mods nicely and also is a pretty descent motor. I would buy a new sti and swap the tailights to somehting less rice.

Guest sti06
I would buy a new sti and swap the tailights to somehting less rice.

I don't know if you're talking about the new sti hatch tails or the '06/'07 tails, but the general consensus is they are both rice so my story works either way. I bought a complete '04/'05 swap from my dealer, which was a lot less expensive than I thought it would be and sold my tails on Ebay. It was amazing how many people were interested in the '06 tails though. I probably had like 50 bids and they went for like 225 bucks. So apparently everyone doesn't think their rice or they just wanted a way to set their car apart. Who knows. I actually ended up making 25 bucks because I got my tails from the dealer for 200. So I guess the moral of the story is beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To you and I the tails are rice, others love them.

All of those pics are photoshops. There are none in the U.S. for testing either. Even at the dealers meeting a few weeks back, they only had pics for the dealers to see.

Also, the reason why the STI is a hatch is for hologation purposes. The STI had gotten too big to compete with the Peugots, Citroens and Fords in WRC. Even Mitsubishi is rumored to be working on a mirage sized car when they re-enter WRC as the EVO is also too big to be competitive.

Rally cars are their pride and joy. If the STI wasn't a winner in WRC, do you think they would be as popular?

Also, it's not so much the sedan as it is the long wheel overhangs. The best way to fix that is with a hatch.