Need a good digital camera.

Johny Utah

my g/f bought a sony cyber-shot, 6.0MP model is DSC-W50...i think it was 220$ish...its a very good camera for the price. ive stopped using my old POS gateway camera and usually just take hers whenever we go somewhere

and what i like about this one over my camera, where mine will take 45 second videos at one size, and 1:30 at a smaller size, hers will take up to like 22 min of video on a 512mb card or around 3k pics. battery life is also very good

not enough info on what you are using it for, but if you have some time, surf over to....http://www.dpreview.com That site and it's resources will be your friend. PM me with any questions. Happy to help as I'm an avid camera buff/photog.

i just had my buddy buy himself a

Fuji S700 for $199

10x optical zoom

7 megapixel

dslr-like, with lots of manual controls

it takes very nice pictures

and he has had a blast with it

+1

I have one of these I bought when they first came out (Way more $ then) and I am very impressed at the features and quality of the photos. It won't focus as quick as a good DSLR, but if you're not doing alot of high speed action shooting and can handle something medium sized (it's no pocket cam), it's hard to beat.

Guest 78novaman
I got a Fuji F-30 (6.3MP) for xmas last year. It is very quick to boot, focus, and store after the pic is snapped. 640x480 w/audio until the card is full, can take up to a 2Gig xD card. Also excellent low light with little graininess. It has a ISO 100/200/400 auto or an auto ISO 100-1600 setting so I never have issues. I sometime have difficulties with the autofocus but I think that is just me. The last camera I used was an old 35mm Vivitar with a 300mm telephoto lens, which is just a bit different than a compact digital ;)

my g/f bought a sony cyber-shot, 6.0MP model is DSC-W50...i think it was 220$ish...its a very good camera for the price. ive stopped using my old POS gateway camera and usually just take hers whenever we go somewhere

and what i like about this one over my camera, where mine will take 45 second videos at one size, and 1:30 at a smaller size, hers will take up to like 22 min of video on a 512mb card or around 3k pics. battery life is also very good

3k pics on a 512 card, wtf are you taking 1mp pictures?

pentax...cant beat it

I'll second that, I bought a DSLR Pentax. ALL the same features (plus some) to a comparable Cannon, yet it was $300 cheaper.

This really doesn't apply though since you're not spending that much coin, but Pentax has been around forever and has quality products for the price.

most any camera will do great outdoors....check out dpreview.com and use their comparison guide for features....you'll find more choices then you realize. Phil's reviews are top notch too.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Well I am wanting to take pics of the outdoors mostly. The sun set and sun rise. It needs to have a self timer on it too.

+1

I have one of these I bought when they first came out (Way more $ then) and I am very impressed at the features and quality of the photos. It won't focus as quick as a good DSLR, but if you're not doing alot of high speed action shooting and can handle something medium sized (it's no pocket cam), it's hard to beat.

how's the battery life on this?

Guest Lewie06A3

I think you misunderstood me, the only way to use my employee discount is if you can prove your friends with me, and you have to pay in cash, they can't run credit if you buy it under my account because they can track it.

Sheesh these aren't falling off the truck this is legitimate. I don't need to lose my job so I'm not doing anything illegal.

that''s cool.....couldn't tell is all....the way it was worded made me go hmmmm... :)

I think you misunderstood me, the only way to use my employee discount is if you can prove your friends with me, and you have to pay in cash, they can't run credit if you buy it under my account because they can track it.

Sheesh these aren't falling off the truck this is legitimate. I don't need to lose my job so I'm not doing anything illegal.

Post a full size sample and I'll see what can be done with one. Noise Ninja is a very good tool to clean up the digital noise. Keep the exposure to the right (don't underexpose) as much as possible and it will lesson the problem.

I bought the S700 on friday.... great camera... not too fond of the low light pictures though. (they look very pixelated)