Wife got pulled over in New Albany.

Buck531

New Albany cops are actually the lowest paid on the Columbus area from what I have heard. The city doesn't like giving much money towards the police department. No wonder they are always pissy.

umm...what you heard is wrong. they start at just under $45,000.

tom

tom

you should see the new station / vehicles / equipment

http://www.villageofnewalbany.org/portals/0/NewAlbanyPDElevationSmall.jpg%5Bimg%5D

I'd say thats a pretty nice building for only 15 officers. The pay has to be good with that nice of building and the lack of # of employees.

Guest vee21

More like 40 - 41K for base pay. NA doesn't do all that much overtime so new guys don't make much for than that in a year.

Shad

tom

More like 40 - 41K for base pay. NA doesn't do all that much overtime so new guys don't make much for than that in a year.

Shad

taken right from here...read the part about salary range 2007 $44,152, that puts my 44,000 number pretty close.

http://www.villageofnewalbany.org/Default.aspx?tabid=188&

The Village of New Albany offers a comprehensive benefits plan including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid sick leave, and two weeks vacation. Salary range (2007) is $44,152 ($21.23 per hour) up to $61,282 ($29.46 per hour) with four annual step increases.