My death experience on the way home today....

Amy

Well I went to NTB today to get my slicks mounted up (oh yeah baby!!!)

Anyways, I had a wonderful experience at NTB at Georgesville Road (Derek helped me out.. great guy and great job). So we get the slicks mounted up.. I pull out to hop on 270 to head back to my house and I notice the freaking "scratching and rubbing sound" in the rear.. Im like WTF mate, the Nittos were the same size.... 28x10.5x15

So I pull over on the on - ramp and lower the tire pressure to bring the tire away from the fender a little.. so I bring them down to around 10lbs of pressure (from the 20lbs they were at) so that helps a lot.

I get on it a little to get back in the traffic on the highway and HOLY SHIT! You know when people talk about those last moments in life, where they say you "can see the light" well thats kinda what driving on slicks with 10lbs of air at 80mph feels like....yeah very special.. Ill never switch lanes or do that again. I had to get the car home and with the fenders not being rolled I had to get it home fast so they wouldnt rub anymore.

Sooooo, moral of story is.. dont drive race cars on the road with 90/10s and M/T slicks with 10lbs of air.

Okay sucky story but the end. Now who the hell rolls fenders??????

lol def sounds like it was an experince... i dont wanna have.

Very true! Yeah you need to change your saying too.. driving a ford doesnt mean your gonna live longer.. means you'll die faster lol

Very true! Yeah you need to change your saying too.. driving a ford doesnt mean your gonna live longer.. means you'll die faster lol

Or get towed more.

I've been tellin ur goofy ass for how long now that driving your skinnys and shit on the road was a bad idea. I think gearhead can roll fenders btw.

You should have... jacked up the rear, remove tires, take to place, have mounted, install tires = resulting in - no life death exp, no cop troubles, no risk of CRASHES!

You just wanted to drive your lil race car around town again :p

hal: sorry bud i was going to give u a buzz back today but phone died. it was way too far for me to drive. yeah i drove it over to ntb cause it was only 1 exit away so i didnt think it would be too many issues but oh well back on the trailer it goes lol

Guest Removed

10 POUNDS SUCK ON THE BIG END. do you have these on 8" wheels. they will walk around more that way. and driving on the freeway with slicks...big nono..

unless they are radail slicks like the ones i have here

hal: sorry bud i was going to give u a buzz back today but phone died. it was way too far for me to drive. yeah i drove it over to ntb cause it was only 1 exit away so i didnt think it would be too many issues but oh well back on the trailer it goes lol

That's cool lol. It's probably best you didn't attempt to drive any further.

Next time you need some mounted (assuming you have the tire already), just swing by and I'll take care of you.

Thanks a ton Hal. Yeah I was def wanting to head up there but don't like to have the car out on the road too much anymore.

You going to the track tomorrow?? Give me a call tonight if you are!

Glenn.. hush lol How you been stranger? Saw the z06 the other day in GC.. still looks beautiful!

Yeah I can control the car just fine.. just haven't been on slicks for awhile. Still have a long way to go on the suspension part with that car too. :-)

Derek: Yeah there is another Derek at that NTB too. :-)