Motorcycle Insurance Company Recommendations Please

JonnyNashville

I am picking up a new bike tomorrow and I will need to insure very soon. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which company I should use?

In the past I've used Progressive, but I think I can probably do better somewhere else. Thanks in advance for your replies.

in aug the rates across the borad are going up due to no matter what cc it is they are going to be classified as sportbikes

Yuuuuup I just transfered my insurance from a Ohio Farmers & Formost agent to a Colorado Agent. I WAS paying $375 a year for liability on a ZX-6R (only 1000cc and bigger was considered "supersport").

Now I am paying $1200 a year. No sitations, no speeding tickets tickets, nothing. When I asked why it went up so much when i switched agents, they told me that exact same thing.

For what it's worth, I got quotes from Geico and Progressive this year. Geico was significantly higher for one year of comp / collision, etc. on a 600cc Kat and an EX250. Progressive was around $550 for both (no other vehicles with them), and Geico was nearly $1k more. Unfortunately, my home owners & auto insurance provider (Hastings) doesn't offer motorcycle coverage. :(

Yuuuuup I just transfered my insurance from a Ohio Farmers & Formost agent to a Colorado Agent. I WAS paying $375 a year for liability on a ZX-6R (only 1000cc and bigger was considered "supersport").

Now I am paying $1200 a year. No sitations, no speeding tickets tickets, nothing. When I asked why it went up so much when i switched agents, they told me that exact same thing.

Where did you guys see this? I looked and saw nothing concerning this and I haven't gotten a letter from my ins company yet.

I have state farm and for my 06 I paid 272 for the year.

if you're 25 or older with State Farm and have a clean record, your bike will be dirty-dirthole cheap. Especially if you're married and have other lines with them.

Currently I pay $18/month for full coverage on the 636. :eek: Quite the change from when I bought it at 21.

i just got insured through Allstate on my 05 r1 and it was 37.50 a month at a sawmill rd. location

WOW! I just got a quote from Allstate on my 07 gsxr 750. It's $80 a month. And I have all my cars and house with them. Plus I only have a tag violation on my record. State Farm is only $40.

WOW! I just got a quote from Allstate on my 07 gsxr 750. It's $80 a month. And I have all my cars and house with them. Plus I only have a tag violation on my record. State Farm is only $40.

ur alll lucky i have had allstate for 5 years now with 3 car and they told me 700 for a year on my busa and i got the bill and they tried to get me for 700 a month talking about my driving records so bad

Personally I'd never trust allstate, though that's simply from the point that if you get any physical injury and you have to make a claim through them you have to get a lawyer and a court date cause they will fight you to skimp you on pay.

State farm, multiline, and > 25y.o. FTW! Full coverage w/ $1000 deductible is only $190 a year for my '05 ZZR-600 (dull colored ninja). As a bonus, State farm bounced back nicely from Katrina and actually paid out divs this year! I can't remember the last time I got a div check but I think it was somewhere around 1999. I got $30 back from my bike policy alone.