Ford Guys - Locker Question

afterburner82

Got a question for you Ford boys. I have a Locker that I wanted to verify the bearing size on. It is stamped with a part number 70882. Was wondering if anyone knew of the top of their head what size the bearings were in this thing? 2.89/3.062 or 3.25"? Can post a picture if necessary. Thanks!!!

He's saying it's your case (the part the dif goes into) that dictates which size bearing you need, not the diff itself. A factory case can be either of the 2 sizes depending on what it's out of.

Gotcha. One final question: If the case determines what bearing size you need, then the diff/locker should work with any bearing size, correct? When I bought my Truetrac, all I supplied to the rep at Eaton was my center section and size (Ford 9") and # of splines (31). He never asked what bearing size I had which is why I am confused (Doesn't take much, I know...).

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

OK...measure what exactly? The external cone bearings are no way close to anything 2.89" so I am guessing those aren't it. Is it something internal like around the blue spring inside the locker? You can't see what I am talking about from the preview of the picture, but you can once you click on the picture and look through the 2 inner holes. Thanks!!!

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1664/lockervw2.th.jpg