Recent vehicle issues need help

wnaplay1647545503

95 e150 van

The ac/heater system has acquired a real nasty odor and I have cleaned out all the ducts, still happens from time to time. The ac doesnt blow cold so I bought one of the recharger kits from advance. I hooked up the gauge and it appeared to be reasonably full. However the gauge was fluctuating alot. It would read good then something would click in the engine compartment and it would read high. This happens every 3-5 seconds. Still no cold air.

Del sol-worry about later.

Any suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Back to my e150, the smell is still a concern and since its getting close to winter, I would like to get this fixed before it gets cold. Anyone have any ideas about the smell? Someone mentioned if the heater core is going bad, it might smell, but anyone have any suggestions where to look? Or what to try? The heater works fine but it is an immediate odor. Unbearable.

I tracked the odor down to mold on the evaporator. I guess the drain tube out of the housing was clogged with debris and caused it back up into the housing where its a perfect breeding ground for mold. So now I have to find some good cleaner that works without being agitated since its such a tight area.

get a spray bottle with water in it and add 1 cap full of bleach and spray it on the evap. they make something for it but this is cheeper and doesn't over power you if you mix it right, we do it at work all the time and i even do it on my A/C window unit at home.