Just got back from a ride...its cold

PMo

Three pairs of pants, two shirts and two jackets and my dang hands ruin it all. Cruising down 270 I thought my right thumb was going to fall off, but I did see another rider, its not quite time to hang up the gear yet!

Three pairs of pants, two shirts and two jackets and my dang hands ruin it all. Cruising down 270 I thought my right thumb was going to fall off, but I did see another rider, its not quite time to hang up the gear yet!

YOu are all that is MAN!

Too cold for me. Sorry.

That's way I had to go home, hands were getting so cold I couldn't manipulate the throttle as well as I'd like. Took a really long time for the tires to get warm too, nice gentle riding for the first 10 minutes or so, haha.

I'll be out tomorrow at AD Farrows Endurance Ride for about 250 miles. Should be fairly nice, supposed to be mid 40's and sunny.

vrod dave and I will see you there.... we went out today and bought gloves.... mmmm toasty warm gloves.....

my cold weather gear:

schampa balaclava

BalaclavaSC015.jpg

keeps the air from coming up under the helmet. very warm

tourmaster epic jacket hi vis.

TRMSTRPCJCKTHVSBLTYYLLW-2T.jpg

windproof and waterproof. full sleeve quilted liner.

Tourmaster Caliber pants

CALIBER.jpg

again windproof and waterproof, with a removable liner. they zip up the leg, so its easy to get them on and off over your jeans or whatever

A* polar goretex gloves.

2009_Alpinestars_Polar_Goretex_Glove_Black.jpg

these are nice, but they are not perfect. my hand still gets a little cold, but its not too bad... i could have gone with a warmer glove, or snowmobile gloves. but all the ones i see are like ski gloves, and have little protection. i got the a* ones because they had the knuckle protection.

i need to get some goretex boots or something... i just wear my work boots, which are thinsulate lined, and like 3 pairs of thick socks...

im comfortable riding anywhere into the 20s like this. i could do short trips if it were colder.

Nice gear! I rode through the first couple weeks of December last year down to about mid 20's temp wise...it was cold but not horrible for short rides. The worst was the 1 hr. ride back to my parents to store my bike. My hands were freezing and I had to stop 3 or 4 times to let them warm up on the exhaust.:eek:With hand warmers and the right gear, I'd probably ride year round as long as there was no ice.

electric gloves are worth the investment, I bought a pair of olympia winter gloves for the ride today, they kept my hands warm for the most part, fingers got cold at points but usually we stopped when that started.... I bought a M2R windproof/waterproof jacket last year, and I wore long johns, jeans, and my carhart bibs... legs and torso were perfectly fine.... I also just wear my work boots with heavy wool socks... toasty... but If I were to make an investment I'd go with the electric gloves.... vrod dave bought a pair before we left on the ride... I should have just spent the extra 50 bucks to do the same.... but all in all it was a good ride today, we went up into amish country and popped out 40 miles north of sunbury on 71.... pretty country... better when its warmer though....

It was 17° when I left this morning. Leather jacket w/liner, flannel lined jeans, leather chaps, wool blend socks, hoody sweatshirt, LS tee, balaclava, 180's leather exhale gloves. I was comfortable all over except for my finger tips.

I have a set of Tourmaster Synergy Gloves on my Christmas wish list and I sure hope I get a pair.

marsee made some good winter gloves. they dont make gear anymore, only luggage, but you can still find some old stock online. they are like 50 bucks or so. waterproof, nice removable fleece liner. keep your hands nice and toasty.

my toes did for me. but the gloves are #1 to me. best investment christmas present ever, what ever you wanna call it. i will ride more often in the cold now.

now we just need winter tires, huh dave?? and a new f-n windshield bracket!!! And some 'lectric gloves for me....

gotta fix the windshield first, then i have to buy tires for the damn thing anyway, brand new bike and it's already nickle and f-n dime'n me!!! oh and i gotta get me some lectric gloves I tried dave's on and damn what a freaking difference.... hell definitely worth the money....