Xbox live update

John

thoughts? the new layout seems kind of flashy to me, but im getting used to it. the avatar thing is a blatant mii rip off...

its cool you can save games to your HD now too... makes the load times a little faster.

IMO best part by far is the netflix. ive got a TON of stuff on there already :) im never going to be able to watch it all lol.

I have the Halo3 edition 360 since it came out with no problems.

The new setup sucks and is too Wii'ish for me but as far as downloading the games to the HD thats not smart. Games are made to run of the CD not an HD, thats why if you pop in Halo3 it tells you NOT to DL it to the HD

I dont like the new layout at all...

I dont either but it is interesting to see how far off or close the avatar is to what the actual person looks like

It's a little tricky to get used too. I'm not a big fan of the avatar's.

I do however like how the new system loads the dashboard first, and doesn't load to the game.

Thats an option that can be switched off

Mine bricked with the upgrade this weekend. Spent an hour on the phone with lack-of tech support, only for them to tell me send it in, but call back tomorrow since their application for setting up RMA was down. I was livid. The kids are most definitely getting a Wii this Christmas.

Looove the new layout. I get to use the party system and not listen to undulating poo come out of peoples mouths while I play. It's been so much nicer and the setup is pretty slick. I'm confused as to why I can download a game to the harddrive if it isn't going load any fast (might have just been the game I had). It's a little different but it's so much better. The interface itself isn't bad. It's just different but functions just about the same IMO.

Mine bricked with the upgrade this weekend. Spent an hour on the phone with lack-of tech support, only for them to tell me send it in, but call back tomorrow since their application for setting up RMA was down. I was livid. The kids are most definitely getting a Wii this Christmas.

i already have a box here waiting to send mine back when it RRODs

but as far as downloading the games to the HD thats not smart. Games are made to run of the CD not an HD, thats why if you pop in Halo3 it tells you NOT to DL it to the HD

im not sure about the halo 3 thing (havent updated my 360 yet) but actually running games off the hard drive is a good thing because it frees up memory and reduces the time the cpu receives the data for faster processing. this is how virtually all pc computer games work. video game hardware simply runs it own operating system minus all the fancy stuff that your home computer does which allows memory to be used solely for processing the video game data.

i already have a box here waiting to send mine back when it RRODs

That is what threw me off at first. No RROD. Sound was good. And the phucksticks at Microsoft could give a shit. I should have know better, being in IT, but still.

Anyway, it's on it's way to TX for it's first rebuild. Didn't last quite a year, but from what I have heard, I was lucky to get that much time out of it to begin with.