Dont Buy From Hinds Motorsports

Just to let everyone know I recently purchased a 2004 Triumph Daytona with 3500 miles from Hinds Motorsports off Rt. 23. I was told the bike was fully serviced. A few days later the bike wont start come to find out the spark plugs are foul. Next the gas tank starts leaking gas after a ride (come to find out the female plug on the bottom was snapped). Next after riding my speedo starts flashing 188 and the tach stops working. Next thing the bike starts jerking me on the road at this point I'm in the ghetto and just want to get out.... The bike shuts off I tried to jump it by downshifting and putting it in gear it worked for a second then shut down. Mind you all of this goes on top the fact that the brakes were never bleed to get pressure in them nor the battery checked for a charge. I love this bike but I will be getting rid of it after I claim Lemon Law on them.

Hinds is the same shop i got my bike from I had to raise 10 kinds of hell to get them to replace my battery in a brand new bike.

The did end up fiving my a ride back to my bike on the side of the road and changing my battery but man it sucked ass pushing a bike a little more then a 1/4 mile down 23 just to find a safe spot to leave it.

I've never heard much bad about them before but if you are ever looking for a different dealership, I'd suggest taking the drive to Honda East in Toledo, OH. Great guys and their internet pricing will not be beat. Seriously though, you didn't expect some problems with a Triumph? The new ones are great but still have their quirky problems.

sorry to hear about your experience. I hope that you can get them to take the bike back, or at least fix the problems. Unfortunately, saying that you're going to have a tough time getting them to do this is an understatement.

I'm not sure about lemon law on used cars/bikes, I've never heard of that before. I can tell you that once you signed the papers and left the dealership on the bike you completed the sale and the bike is now yours according to Ohio law. If, by chance, you paid by a credit card (don't laugh, some people do), you can dispute the payment with the CC company and they may reverse the charges. Your best bet is to document everything wrong with the bike and try to get them to fix them (we won't even get into the quality of work you'll receive). Also look through your paperwork, did they have you sign an "AS-IS" form? On the bill of sale does it say that used bikes sales are as is?

The Hinds issue has been discussed on this board before as well.

Dude you bought a used bike. There is no telling how the thing was treated before. Have you actually tried to take the bike back in to have the problems resolved, or did you just jump on CR to rant and rave? I'm sure they'll fix it for you. How long ago did you buy it? I bought my 05 Kawi Ninja 636 brand new from them in June of '05. I also purchased a service plan and extended warranty. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

Dude you bought a used bike. There is no telling how the thing was treated before.

I was told the bike was fully serviced.

He has good reason to be pissed, because the bike obviously wasn't as advertised. Blame the dealer that sold the bike before the dealership. Talk to the manager before you go on the war path.

took it in after some complaining about all the problems, talked to a manager, they have my bike as of 5 PM Monday......... Mid-Ohio is Saturday and I have tickets and a group of about 15 rolling up there. My bike better be fixed by then. I'll keep you posted

Previously with the tank problem they said it would take a week to fix, after raising a little hell it took two hours.

took it in after some complaining about all the problems, talked to a manager, they have my bike as of 5 PM Monday......... Mid-Ohio is Saturday and I have tickets and a group of about 15 rolling up there. My bike better be fixed by then. I'll keep you posted

Previously with the tank problem they said it would take a week to fix, after raising a little hell it took two hours.

What are you going to do if they dont have it done?

I bought my bike from Hinds, with the service plan, and take it in every 6 months or so for the scheduled maintenance. They are always scheduled a week out on service, but they do what I ask and they haven't F'ed my bike up yet. I have never had a 'phenomenal' experience that would make me recommend them to all my friends, but I would rank it as 'satisfied' and if someone asked, I would say its a decent place to buy from.

The thing I don't get is that if there are so many complaints about how they handle their sales and service, why are they still the biggest bike seller in central ohio and why is their service department always booked a week in advance? A lot of people know and trust them, and while there are a few notable issues it seems like it's just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of their customers.

Can anyone disagree with that?

Jeff, you make some good points, and you're right the customers to make the most noise are usually the ones who are not happy.

As a matter of fact, you can find upset customers for every dealership there is...ever...if you look hard enough.

A couple of notes though...hinds only deals in bigger volumes because they whore bikes out and have nothing else to offer their customers. That's usually why people will put up with other problems there, because they're the cheapest. Their service department is always booked out a week or more because they A) run it poorly, especially in relation to job priorities and B) because people up that way don't want to take their bike to the dealers that are farther away.

So they said they would call me with an update, did they? No, I called them and spoke to the service manager. He said I'm two weeks backed up and we are trying to fit you in since you are a walk in. I specifically told him thats bullshit I've had the bike less than 20 days and they should make me a priority to make things right other wise, let me pick out a different bike. The guy said He'd get to it as soon as possible. I called a lawyer...... If you cant tell me that this is bullshit and you want to stand up for them after this go ahed. They are ruining weeks of my summer with this bike.

Does buying something that breaks suck? Of course! It would be bullshit if you drove it away and found the engine was full of vegetable oil, but from the sound of it that's not what happened. Its natural to be pissed, but put this in perspective before you have a heart attack. Personally the only euro bike I would put any faith in would be a BMW...

So they said they would call me with an update, did they? No, I called them and spoke to the service manager. He said I'm two weeks backed up and we are trying to fit you in since you are a walk in. I specifically told him thats bullshit I've had the bike less than 20 days and they should make me a priority to make things right other wise, let me pick out a different bike. The guy said He'd get to it as soon as possible. I called a lawyer...... If you cant tell me that this is bullshit and you want to stand up for them after this go ahed. They are ruining weeks of my summer with this bike.

So because you've only had your bike for 20 days you should get priority over someone who maybe scheduled 3 weeks in advanced or a bike that just got purchased and is having to get it's final checkover done before the day is out? Hinds does have a rather understaffed service department for the amount of work they do.

Lets add in they may not have even known of the issues, they didn't follow around the original owner during all his rides to see how he pushed in, and dealerships don't do redline stress tests, they do basic checkovers to make sure it's running and things seem proper. You're also running a sporty triumph, a bike that is known for needing much more attention to basic maintenance than most japanese sportbikes.

While most service work that I can't do myself gets done at Honda Northwest for me, I've talked to the Hind's service department and they're at least skilled people who try to get things done quickly.

Settle down, the world doesn't revolve around you.