new bike

Sturg1647545502

after the bike i restored in high school(86 honda nighthawk450) completly died early this year, i started looking for a new ride.

...on a poor college students budget

I part time work in the dayton area and replied to a guy who had put an ad for a 77 kawsaki in the paper. I meet up with him later that day in rural dayon, technically in Xenia.

Turns out the guy is a retiered pipe mantiacne man for sunoco, and all he does since his wife passed is restore bikes. he was working on three triumph bonivilles at once, as well as having 2 other kz1000s and a harley.

anyways this is what i got off him

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/590/3056722431110bgvo0.jpg

By snowdoc83 at 2007-08-09

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8666/9056722431110bgkd6.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1053/1946722431110bgax1.jpg

1977 kz-1000 LTD

pod filters on the original 23mm carbs

re-jetted

4into1 exhaust with NO baffles what so ever

cammed

new handlebars

newer paint

runs as stong as it did in 77 if not stronger.

after putting new pulgs in her, changing the oil re-sealing the dyno cover gasket/dealing with a striped out fassener she leaks no oil and is one bad mother shutyourmouth

plus with only one accident on my record..insurance is less than 150 a year.

i love it

somthing to shoot around town and even down to dayton or up to the lake with, not to big that its a pain in the city but not to small that you cant open her up on the freeawy... is fast but not retarted fast, is cheap but reliable, is custome but not extreme

Im a huge fan of cafe racers, and this is a nice start.

i could go on and on about my hardon for this bike but i wont.

How much did you pay for her if you dont mind me askin? It's gorgeous.

thanks...a whopping 1.5k!!!!!!

28kmi

the only other thing iwant to do right now is install a temp gauge and find an oil cooler and or a fan. 77 was the first year the EPA started tightening down the screws on bikes...and with modded intake and output i can suspect its running a tad hot...speshly on these 110degree heat index days

so hopefully i should have all that bought and installed myself for under 200, putting me at 1.7k

If you only knew what that bike was capable of....

Nice find. :cool:

This was the busa of the 70s and 80 and early 90s. only untill recently wear 600s are 150mph bike did this "fall off the map". The kz900s are actually more sought after d/t the 10lb lighter flywheel

from what ive experienced thus far and what ive read/heard this thing rules in the 1/4mi and from a dig up to 120s

im trying to find a few KZ sites and get a good book

also currently looking at my options...for the winter of course:D

This was the busa of the 70s and 80 and early 90s. only untill recently wear 600s are 150mph bike did this "fall off the map". The kz900s are actually more sought after d/t the 10lb lighter flywheel

from what ive experienced thus far and what ive read/heard this thing rules in the 1/4mi and from a dig up to 120s

im trying to find a few KZ sites and get a good book

also currently looking at my options...for the winter of course:D

I know all of this.

I will just tell you-that motor loves boost (if its the roller bearing version). Its on you to make it happen. You could be seeing the backside of 160+++ traps is you wish.

Good luck.