Got a little story for everyone...

6 Speed S4

So back in March I bought a K04 turbo off ebay brand new in the box. It was a replica K04. I needed the cash so I put it up for sale after just opening the box to look at the item and take pictures. I put it for sale on craigslist and got quite a few emails from people wanting to buy this. I recieved an email from Pat ("20valver" on ohioVW)

"I saw your post on craigslist regarding the K04. I'm interested in it

if it's still available. Cash in hand. Please feel free to shoot me an

email or call. Thanks in advance.

-Patrick

PhatDub20v@insight.rr.com"

He paid me 300 cash for it and waits about 2 weeks then calls me saying the turbo is inoperable and I want my money back. I told him I would contact the ebay seller but I got no response. I filed a claim with paypal and he sent me this email.

"Joe,

Just wanted to update you on my train of thought regarding this KO4.

Although I appreciate your communication since realizing the issues with

the turbo, and your attention to filing the Paypal claim, I now believe

the remainder of this transaction is between you and the original

seller. I'd like to ask that you refund the money I paid you for the

turbo, as you will be refunded by either the original retailer or by

Paypal. This eliminates me from hanging around as an unneeded third

party. I do understand you may not be able to immediately refund me the

$300, so if you need a week or so please let me know.

-Patrick"

I told him to wait on paypal but they ended up denying the claim. After I told him that he sent me this email:

"Joe,

I'm sorry, but that's unacceptable. As I said before, if you're in need

of a week to gather the funds that's fine. However, I feel the longer

this drags out, the less likely I am to get the money back. I think

you're a nice guy and all, but in the end you did sell me a mechanically

inoperable turbo. I hate to have to threaten you with small claims

court, but I need to ensure that I get my money back, and that damaged

parts aren't making their way around the local VW/Audi scene. I hope

you understand.

-Patrick"

I ignored his email because a lawyer I talked to told me to not speak to him until court if he takes me there. A few days later I received this:

"Joe,

I just wanted to let you know today was the deadline I gave you for

coming up with the $300. I swung by your parents house yesterday, your

car was in the driveway, yet nobody answered the door. My intention

wasn't to intimidate you, but to give you a chance before I elevate

measures to recover the funds. Because of your recent lack of

communication, I feel I have no option other than filing in Franklin

County Small Claims Court. If you choose not to make reasonable

arrangements with me by tomorrow evening, I will file on Tuesday morning.

-Patrick"

I Ignored that email as well and he showed up at my parents house one night after calling me and leaving a voice mail. My parents told him to stay off our property and take it to court or they will call the cops. I hadn't heard from him for a while until one day I was driving up 161 and I look in my mirror to see a white audi S6 wagon which is owned by Pat following me. I just drove around and he was on my tail for a good 10 minutes. I pull up to a red light to turn left into a neighborhood and he pulls up next to me with his window down asking why I ignored his calls and emails. I told him a laywer said not to speak with you outside of court and asked him what happened to him taking me to court. He didnt say anything and I told him to leave me alone and drove off.

He then calls me on my cell phone asking me to pull over and talk to him in person. I said no I don't want you near me and he said hes not out to hunt me down, he has seen my facebook and knows where I live he said. I told him to take me to court if he really wants his money back. He asked me if I collected from paypal which I didn't and I told him that. He asked me to send him an email with the ebay seller info from when i purchased the turbo. I told him I would email him it and hung up.

Today I went to volksfest and ran into the guy but didn't speak to him. I go home, get on ohiovw only to find a classified add placed by him, and guess what it is: my "broken" K04 turbo I sold him.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/41/patsfuckedbo9.png

Cliffs: Sold a brand new turbo to a guy, he claims its broken 2 weeks later and tried to take me to court. Nothing happens for a month and a half then he sees me and follows me, I find his classified add selling my "inoperable" turbo for 100 dollars more than he paid for it.

Wow people are nuts. What if your in Joe's situation and you don't know that it is inoperable because you never used it? I mean I'm sure Joe mentioned that he got it and just opened it to take pictures. You could probably tell that it was never used.

Just another thought, maybe this guy realized he got the wrong turbo and was trying to make up for his own mistake?

Joe, Call him out, I remember you calling me when I was on the road to MD about this. So you need to make his life a hell. Or atleast his sale hell. Dont let him screw people over.

You didnt know the condition of the turbo. So there was nothing you could do. You need to help other people out.

Let the admin of OVW know about him and you need to post in his thread. Also change your address, I dont want him fucking with either of our cars :)

how did you know the turbo was in perfect working order before you sold it??? if you never put it on your car, then you never knew what condition it was really in. unless it came to you perfectly sealed having NEVER been opened, then you don't know for sure. it sounds like that may have been the case, but who knows.

it sounds like he's trying to scam someone, but either way, when you sell and re-sell shit, this outcome is always a possibility.

He said it was brand new in the box....therefore it should be in working condition.

i read that, but i guess you never know, unless you've had it on your car. either way, it DOES sound like the guy is trying to scam someone into buying it, or at least not being hinest about things.

I bought it off ebay brand new in the box, looked at the item and sold it. I sold it as-is, cash, and he has no reciept. Came back to me 2 weeks later. So how do I know he didn't break it in those 2 weeks?

that is why i rarely sell anything. sometimes, unfortunately, you take a risk selling something (sounds foolish, i know)

It doesn't sound like you have purchased many performance parts.?.? Assuming something works out of the box can lead to hours of wasted trouble shooting.

I understand that you might have to make adjustments or changes on what you buy, but based on what is being described it just sounds to me like he got into somthing over his head and made up a BS story to compensate for his mistake. He tried plan "A" which is to try and scare the seller into buying it back and it didn't work. So now he is on plan "B" which is to try and re sell the turbo again for more than he paid on another website.

Again i am ASSUMING because i am not a mind reader by any means.