Recommend a place for getting an alignment

Baluchitherium4

I’m not saying all people that work at tire joints are retards. I’m just saying you go to a random tire or repair shop and 9 times out of 10 they will "toe and go" your ass to get you out the door. I guess I should have chosen my words better, (sadface). Im a victim of it, and being a mechanic, I like fellow mechanics to take some responsibility. Im sure you feel me.

I do get ya. A lot of people prefer the toe and go method (I'm speaking of customers) after the adjustment procedures are explained to them. It all depends on the person and what they want.

I know before I was a tech, I took my car to a firestone by my house to get aligned after I installed coil overs and CC plates. I put it on our machine and realized they did not adjust caster or camber, and they were both very out of spec. I would've liked for them to ask me if they could just do a toe and go alignment; although I would've said no.

We do track cars by looking at stock specs and then adjust from there to an adequate track set up. Or in the case of the Formula Ford it is all done from scratch. So after stock specs the rest is just experience and believe me Dave and Pat have set up their fare share of AutoX and road racing cars. But yes from a setting alignment to "stock" settings the machine does 85% of the work.

We check that EVERYTHING is within specs. Somtimes the owners bring in their own settings (track cars) and we oblige them and somtimes make suggestions to their settings.