This economy sucks - lost my job

caseyctsv

I appreciate all of the encouraging words.

I got my resume together and started calling all of the contacts I knew. I have a lot of friends who are getting my resume in front of the right people.

It was hard to see 150+ people that you have worked with for 6-10 years all losing their jobs at once - without warning. If just so happens my dad was among them. He is 60 years old. He said that for the first time he feels 60. It was very sad.

The mortgage industry sucks right now. Thats all there is to it. Dont let anyone tell you different either. I'll let my girlfriend chime in on this one. I dont know a whole hell of a lot about it. But her and her father owned a mortgage company and shes been talking alot about the bad industry right now.

I appreciate all of the encouraging words.

I got my resume together and started calling all of the contacts I knew. I have a lot of friends who are getting my resume in front of the right people.

It was hard to see 150+ people that you have worked with for 6-10 years all losing their jobs at once - without warning. If just so happens my dad was among them. He is 60 years old. He said that for the first time he feels 60. It was very sad.

Sorry if I missed something, but you said small company. This small company laid of 150 people at once? Sounds like a strange and very rough situation..

Sorry if I missed something, but you said small company. This small company laid of 150 people at once? Sounds like a strange and very rough situation..

I guess I should say "relatively small" and by "laid off" O mean the company closed without warning.

Wanna sell houses? Move to Dallas. :cool:

If you don't mind the distance of the move, you aught like the town and the industry down there.

Best of luck, man. I lost a 5yr job, it was blamed on the housing downturn, too (I put blame elsewhere ;) ). You'll be fine, I would advise looking at other industries, though. I'm a pessimist, though. ;)