Well-Here is the new whip

coltboostin

Looks like some good progress. Any estimates or is that hush-hush?

Done have any at the moment-not with this turbo set up at least!

You still haven't got your head back? That sucks!

Nope-and this head I put on the car is the shittiest POS that I have pulled from the yard in a while! Crusty burn valves and all...

why 2 turbos? An what turbos are those?

Just because. I have access to China turbos SUPER cheap now, direct from China pricing. These 50 trims have help up on local 400+whp bikes for nearly 2 years of flooging without failure, so at 150-200$ RETAIL (depending on sixe of shipment, I cant go wrong. If it does not work out, I will just put a GT42 back on the car.

I like the cobra wheels. Looks like your doing ALL of the work yourself, +10 street credit.

Fixed. :)

looks good

I dunno though.... putting a dsm motor in an rx-7 is possibly the only way to make it more unreliable than it already was ;)

Have you ever owned either car? I have-can stock for stock or modded for modded-the DSM wins out in the reliably arena.

Impressive piece of fabrication!

I dont agree-its pretty cheap and junkyard looking, but thanks! :D

Whatever happened to the 2JZ 240SX?

That was a shenanigan to try and motivate IPS to back up their (mostly Jeff's) mouth get something done and race me! It, as well as all other attempts. have not work.

could have gotten more power out of 80 cubic inches

I offer this challenge to you-as I did to all of the RX-7 world.

Find ME ONE, just one rotary powered car, making 700+whp(at mild boost) and 500+ft lbs that was in a daily driven car, that was raced every weekend, and never needed a rebuild. to this day, that cheap motor still lives, unopened from the day I built it. It just went 9.30 in an AWD in Connecticut.

Not only did my cheap POS Colt achieve this, but I could give you a nice list of other Daily drivers in the 9's, over 700whp, and many of which that still rock AC! Again, find me ONE rotary powered car that can make this claim, and everyone here wont laugh at you. ;)

That didn't really answer his question at all. You found a car that made that power a month ago; it hasn't proven it will stay together over time.

I agree, however the owner of that car(erniet) made 711 and 54x 4 months prior to that. So it has lasted at least 5 months.

Ty

I agree, however the owner of that car(erniet) made 711 and 54x 4 months prior to that. So it has lasted at least 5 months.

Ty

Although there is no proof of how much he drives it, thats one. Now-lets consider he spent more in the turbo alone, and motor alone, than what I have into my whole project!

Also-considering your ignorant friend is still yet to reply-do you honestly feel the rotary motor is more reliable @ big power than a 4Gxx?

Although there is no proof of how much he drives it, thats one. Now-lets consider he spent more in the turbo alone, and motor alone, than what I have into my whole project!

Also-considering your ignorant friend is still yet to reply-do you honestly feel the rotary motor is more reliable @ big power than a 4Gxx?

JP, I do not feel the rotary is more reliable than any other motor. However, I also feel that many engines are not mroe reliable than any other given motor. I personally feel it is all in the build/tune/maintance. I have seen rotaries blow up every 3 months while making only 300 rwhp. Then I have seen people like the guy in the 7club thread. His car is a track car, that is all he does with it. But he beats the living piss out of it.

You really get off at the fact that you have little to no money in your cars don't you, haha. That isn't an insult, but nor is it a compliment. It is just a statement.

I can't wait to see your whip!

Ty

JP, I do not feel the rotary is more reliable than any other motor. However, I also feel that many engines are not mroe reliable than any other given motor. I personally feel it is all in the build/tune/maintance. I have seen rotaries blow up every 3 months while making only 300 rwhp. Then I have seen people like the guy in the 7club thread. His car is a track car, that is all he does with it. But he beats the living piss out of it.

Cant argue with that. The same holds true int he DSM community.

You really get off at the fact that you have little to no money in your cars don't you, haha. That isn't an insult, but nor is it a compliment. It is just a statement.

Making magic out of nothing is my claim to fame. So-thanks for the statement I suppose.

I found my camera-I will take better pics of the car tomorrow.