my new toy. S&W 9mm

evan9381

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01507.jpg?t=1187739250

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01508.jpg?t=1187739250

Smith & Wesson Sigma, 9mm. coulda got a .40 cal but i thought this would be a better gun to start with, as im a n00bie w/ handguns. also got 2 extra magazines (3 total), which hold 15 rounds each. lifetime warranty, if i have to ship it in, S&W will pay shipping both ways from what the guy at the place was telling me.

i came out of pocket, 28$ with a box of 50 rounds. i had a couple shotguns i tried to sell to vances, and they wanted to give me 210$ for both. i took them to my g/fs grandpa, who is the gunsmith for the shop, he made a couple calls and got $300 for both, which is what i wanted. her grandpa also has the largest collection of lugers of anyone in the country. he was saying the one safe he has over $1,000,000 of old army lugers. i feel lucky to have seen/held a few of them.

i can't wait to get out this weekend and put some rounds thru it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a box on 100 9mm rounds you have have for $5 IIRC there are 80+ bullets left.

Edit Nice gun BTW.

hang onto them. ill see if i can get out that way soon. im out east so its a little bit of a drive, but not far enough to pass up a deal like that

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01507.jpg?t=1187739250

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01508.jpg?t=1187739250

Smith & Wesson Sigma, 9mm. coulda got a .40 cal but i thought this would be a better gun to start with, as im a n00bie w/ handguns. also got 2 extra magazines (3 total), which hold 15 rounds each. lifetime warranty, if i have to ship it in, S&W will pay shipping both ways from what the guy at the place was telling me.

i came out of pocket, 28$ with a box of 50 rounds. i had a couple shotguns i tried to sell to vances, and they wanted to give me 210$ for both. i took them to my g/fs grandpa, who is the gunsmith for the shop, he made a couple calls and got $300 for both, which is what i wanted. her grandpa also has the largest collection of lugers of anyone in the country. he was saying the one safe he has over $1,000,000 of old army lugers. i feel lucky to have seen/held a few of them.

i can't wait to get out this weekend and put some rounds thru it.

Nice looking gun, I miss my 910.

isn't the sigma the one Columbus Police is having all kinds of problems with? i know it is one of the S&W's. that is the gun that Glock sued S&W over and won because they copied too many of there designs for internal parts.

isn't the sigma the one Columbus Police is having all kinds of problems with? i know it is one of the S&W's. that is the gun that Glock sued S&W over and won because they copied too many of there designs for internal parts.

Could be the M&P. I've heard they're junk. Haven't heard too much about the Sigmas though.

i was talking to another customer at vances who said he owns one, and does some competition shooting. he said he has not once has an issue with a misfire, stove piping, etc, and the guys he shoots against with the higher end guns have it happen

as for me, its just something to learn with. if something happens 1 out of 500-1000 times, i wouldnt really consider that a problem. i didnt get it for anything serious where it has to perform perfectly every time or its considered junk. its something to learn to shoot with, shoot some paper cards, and keep for home protection

now if i can just figure out HTF to sign up for the S&W forums since they do not allow a hotmail address to sign up. f- that.

damn, so that gun only ran you what? 328$. very nice.

yeah. 299.99 + tax + box of 50 rounds. not bad by any means.

Had the .40 cal at the range last week. Not bad at all. Between the Glock 21, the S&W 910S, 40GVE, Taurus 9mm, and a Hi-point 9mm. The taurus was by far the best of them all. Low recoil, smooth, pretty precise. You would not believe it but The taurus, 910s, and the hi-point are my favorites. The Glock was something else. What a rush. Just not for me. The 40GVE always locked up on the last round.

i did check out a slightly used taurus PT24/7 i believe was the model. i REALLY liked how the grip curved and seemed to fit my hand better, but the sigma was A LOT lighter. i might check out that taurus later on down the road

the 24/7 series are nice as well. You can watch the barrel turn red after 6. They have a kick to them. The 40BP reminds me of a glock

I was interested in the M&P, I would like to hear further insights from folks that have put a lot of rounds through them and or LEO's that have first hand accounts of the weapon's merit. I am attempting to decide between this and the PX4 storm from Beretta.

the guy at vances was wanting to know if i wanted any hollow points for home defense. i told him that wasnt my main purpose for the gun, but if it did come down to that, i would rather seriously injure someone and let them suffer for a bit then rot in jail then have them die and a) have that on my head the rest of my life and b) give them the easy way out

but really though, i dont expect to ever have to use it for anything like that. i actually enjoyed the story the one guy posted about a month ago thinking someone broke in and all it was was the light fixture falling down. lol

.40 has just as much stopping power as a .45 and the mag holds more rounds. most PD's are going with .40 due to the fact that it is better than 9mm and .45. NYPD went to .40 after alot of research and testing and they have 45,000+ officers, they carry Glocks. the US government is also going to Glock, you may have seen there guns, green frame and black slide.

the guy at vances was wanting to know if i wanted any hollow points for home defense. i told him that wasnt my main purpose for the gun, but if it did come down to that, i would rather seriously injure someone and let them suffer for a bit then rot in jail then have them die and a) have that on my head the rest of my life and b) give them the easy way out

ball rounds don't cause as much damage as a hollow point. the idea behind a controled expancion round is to shut the brain down with shock from the amout of damage. the brain can handle ball rounds better because the will just go in one side and out the other with out much tissue damage.

i can back up everything i said if there is any question about what i said.