It's about damn time...

HotCarl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hockey/nhl/08/22/bc.hkn.bluejackets.peca.ap/index.html

I really didn't think they were going to do anything this offseason besides sign Svitov and extend some current contracts. Peca definitly brings in some experience that will be valuable for the young guys in the club to learn from. Not to mention he hasn't played since his injury last year, in which he had only played 35 or so games.

Any hockey fans?

I'm a hockey fan to an extent. I play highschool for Pickerington. As far as watching it, I could care less.

Anywho. Peca is not all that great of a player. He is getting old now and will not bring insane talent.

Nash- Needs to learn to back check and stop cherry picking his nuts off.

Zherdev, needs to learn to stop doing moves 24/7 and get a little give and go action, or just pass a bit more in general.

Foote- Just a "G". Plenty of experience, coming from what was one of the best teams in the NHL, carry's the team very well.

VBorny- Needs a good set of linemates, he has potential to be a very high scorer in the league.

I must add it will probably just be another same old year for the blue jackets. They have no consistency from game to game.

Sounds like that is a good pick up for the Jackets. I think this year will just matter on what Hitchcock can do to the team during the off season. I would like to see them do good. They have the tallent, they just haven't figured out how to make it work game to game. When they play on top, they win, but the next game they play like crap and they loose. They do seem to have a better schedule this year with less games back, to back, to back. Hopefully that will allow more rest between games and they can do something this year. I think what seem to really kill them last year was how much hype they got before the season started and how all the major sports people were saying to watch out of the Jackets. And they just didn't have it when they came back. I wish them good luck and I hope for the best.

It'll be interesting to see how training camp and the rest of the season pans out, seeing as Hitch has said that it'll be balls to the wall from the get go.

They've made a statement of losing that tag of being so inconsistent, soft & mediocre with hiring Hitch.

Peca is a sound pickup after the sudden loss of Sveets.

With all the shifts & changes with in the organization, I'm excited for this upcoming season!

Glad Toronto got rid of Peca... He's all yours! :)

IWW a toronto fan.

I think they have a good core of players, and a good mixture of youth and experience at the same time. However I agree with radioflyer, they just dont really play as a team and are at best inconsistant when they do play good. Svitov had problem's with his last team/coach but after the way Hitch handled Zherdev last season he doesnt seem like the type of guy to piss off either. Best move they've made in the past was replaceing mclean and picking up Hitchcock. I just think Hitch didn't have enough time/manpower to make the changes he really wanted to make last season, kinda like he was put there and knew he couldnt turn around the team THAT season but needed to see what he was working with. I really do hope they win, for the good of the team, franchise, city and the economy that comes with the franchise but if they dont i wont lose sleep... good thing Im a NY fan :D