New old guy

Guest Reved

Hey everyone, guess the best way to make friends is to ease into a room and introduce yourself so here goes. From what I've seen so far by way of posts I am one of the older ones here, but old school still works, just needs a tuner touch. I lived on the east side of Columbus until 10th grade then moved to Zanesville where I still park the car.

After 30 years as a professional truck driver I am taking time to wrench with my sons and pass on how not to bust a knuckle whenever possible. I have rebuild engines from 855 Cubic Inch down to 1.8 litres but still enjoy hearing of others adventures in engine rebuilds.

Our projects have included a DSM (95 Talon resurrection) and currently a Ford 2.0 Probe and Suzuki Samari. We're leaning towards making the Probe an Autocross ralley car but have the winter to decide on that.

We enjoy going to Mid Ohio ( we were there for the KONI Challenge) and National Trails ( Friday Nights and up coming Import Face Off)

The name Reved does not stand for what an engine does at high RPM's but rather "Rev Ed" as in preacher. Yes, I still mumble a few words when the wrench slips and I mash a finger, never said I was perfect, just forgiven.

Later

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Funny pdqgp I'd never thought FNG was "Friendly New Guy", but thanks the same, I'm honored. GearHead awesome roll cage project keep the pics coming, I'm now inspired to take on one too.

As for events, I noticed a monthy cruise-in at Advanced coming up, wouldn't mind making the trek from Z-ville to meet a few of you. Is there a pretty good turn out for these? Would only be coming as a spectator though.