Need help what is a ecnb fuse for

Guest Dat Woman U luv2hate

Guest Dat Woman U luv2hate

I just replaced my fuel pump, and now my ecmb fuse is blowing as soon as contact is made. Obviously there is a short somewhere, but we dont know what this fuse is for, just that my 89 chevy suburban will NOT start without it. Please help me...

Becki

Guest hotrodmama024

She said no... It was driving beautifully to work, and at lunch. Died on the way home for know reason, and it keeps blowing fuses everytime one is put in. Even tried higher watt fuses.

BTW..... ECMB is what the fuse is saying... Maybe Electrical Computer Module Bypass? Thats all i could come up with, that sounds even close. lol

ECM "B"

Engine Control Module, B.

One of two things usually.

1) The new pump is defective and is drawing too much amperage, blowing the fuse.

2) The wiring harness was damaged during the install process and is drawing amperage, blowing the fuse.

Guest Removed

then its a defective pump , or its one of the few burbs that are under a TSB, where there is a issue with the wiring harness, about have way up the truck..last one i found had a short in the middle of the harness, just forward of the fuel filter!

hope this helps!

Guest hotrodmama024
I dont think the pump has anything to do with it. I think its the idiot that put it in, maybe wired it wrong. Why would any fuse you put in blow as soon as its stuck in? Bad pump didnt do that before.

Guest Removed
I dont think the pump has anything to do with it. I think its the idiot that put it in, maybe wired it wrong. Why would any fuse you put in blow as soon as its stuck in? Bad pump didnt do that before.

well yes it can. a cheaper pump that is defective, will do that just the same as say a wiring short!

Do you think i would allow her to buy cheap bullshit parts???

If it's not OEM from a GM dealer, then it's cheap and junk, especially for a fuel pump.

And don't try to put a higher amperage fuse in. That's the stupidest thing you can ever try to do. You might have melted the harness.

Guest hotrodmama024
If it's not OEM from a GM dealer, then it's cheap and junk, especially for a fuel pump.

And don't try to put a higher amperage fuse in. That's the stupidest thing you can ever try to do. You might have melted the harness.

Wow, ok... Is it the women thing. Sometimes i swear you guys are just soo egotistical.

First of all its not my truck. I also trust my judgement on pin pointing problems in my car, or even others. Just because i am not a mechanic, i might not beable to take an engine apart and put it back together, doesnt mean i am stupid. Its a old truck. The wiring is completly fucked up on this car.

Now you can keep trying to say i am probably wrong... or maybe you can say hey maybe she is right and point me in the right direction to help Becki.