I need Ideas.....

SpaceGhost

I'm going out of my mind, I can't take it anymore. I am driving again (barely) and I need Ideas for shit to do during the day with my daughter. I'm so tired of being home. Keep in mind I limp like a SOB do to ACL surgery and have a 6 month old daughter to lug around. Where could I take her or what would be some things to do for fun? I guess I need some help being a MOM. Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm 50 and have a 3 year old special needs grand daughter that we have been watching for over 2 years. My wife is going back to college to take nursing so I often have the same problem. Honestly she loves anything her pappy does with her. We get greasy in the garage, take long slow walks, and she loves to look at cars. Guess she's everything a grandpa would want. But I still love just hanging out with her, sometimes we go to McD's and share a McFlurry, or hang out at the mall and make fun of how kids there dress. The main thing is it's your time to share, they'll enjoy what ever you want until they are a teenager, then watch out. :)

Later

How are you doing walking? Take her to COSI, the zoo, a movie, bumper bowling. Lots of stuff to do!

his daughter is maybe 8 months old. :lol:

with the heat it limits what you can do outside I would maybe try a pool or the park tha way you get a little rehab for your leg as well. other then that head out to a mall or easton and window shop.

off cleveland ave, in westerville there's some sort of activities center...should be lots of stuff to do there!

thats the westerville community center. Its got a pool, gym and im sure some kinda daycare, unfortunatly in your condition i dont think it would be such a great idea. If you live in westerville you can call up there and see what they have going on.

Guest hotrodmama024

with the heat it limits what you can do outside I would maybe try a pool or the park tha way you get a little rehab for your leg as well. other then that head out to a mall or easton and window shop.

lol, opps..... how about bring her over to me so i can play with the baby!!!!

She will be 6 months Sept 8th. :cool:

I want to be with her and TV is very bad for children under 2 (can cause epilepsy), the Westerville rec center is for people who pay Westerville taxes. My house is New Albany schools, Westerville Mailing address, and Columbus taxes. :confused:

The heat is an issue right now. I may do the Easton thing, anything else?

I make a "fort" out of blankets. My son (19 months) chases me and hides in the fort. We will just sit in the fort and read a book or play with the cat.

He really likes to color too. If she likes baths then you do finger painting. Strip her down to her diaper and tape newspaper on the kitchen floor and go for it. She will put it in her mouth but it's non toxic.

Stickers are always a big hit. We play blocks set up a race track for his cars.

We watch a lot of sponge bob and thunder cats (I have three of the box sets). I tried to do the baby Einstein video's but he was bored with them. They move pretty slow.