How ***NOT*** to get a speeding ticket..

ChevyMan1972

DONT FREAKIN SPEED!!!

Went to Indy this weekend and I was doing 3 over the speed limit on 70, and people were flying by me like I was sitting still....funny thing was to watch them get pulled over and get a ticket. I saw 12 people that flew by my to the Indy border today.....stupid people!

Dan

I have never had a ticket speeding properly. The only times I've ever gotten a ticket are when I wasn't paying attention. The problem is folks don't know how to speed and don't pay attention. :slap:

I never have a problem going 7-9mph over the limit in the 30-35k per year I drive. Just this past week I was in NY and NJ and drove back during the peak of cop season for the weekend driving both on Monday and then on Friday.

Folks can't just lay into an 80mph + burst and stay there flying by everyone. That's plain stupid. :doh:

I usually put the cruise on 72mph and can sleep there. Even when I've been tagged point blank at 72mph, I've yet to see a cop even glance at me. IMO, they are looking for folks at 80+ mph ranges. If I seen a cop I only slow down out of "respect" really. Anything 10mph or under isn't going to do anything except get you a fine anyway and that's not what they are really after. When I do burst over 75mph I try not to go over 85mph and don't stay above the "safe zone" long.

One just has to keep a good V1 or like on board and watch traffic and scan for hiding spots.

Where they have the metal wire, you have to watch berms and then of course for the Emergency zones. Scan under bridges in the shadows. Look up to insure no one is on the bridge...but then you also have to watch as they can tag from above as you pass under and catch you from the rear. Usually you can see folks pulled over ahead of you.

Brake lights are still the very best key for me. On 80 East/West in PA as I drive to NJ they always back into a cove in the center median lights completely off and shoot K-Band in ultra short bursts. I can often pick it up as I always leave a lead car in front of me, but even if my V1 doesn't catch it, I pretty much always see the cars ahead brake as they see the cop. Even grandmas at 55mph brake when they see a cop. :rolleyes:

I love PA simply for the fact that they tend to shoot radar not laser on the highways and they always have signs that read Keep Right except to Pass...It's the Law. :thumbup: That alone keeps me from having to burst around jerks who cruise in the left lane at sub 70mph speeds. We need those every 1/4 mile on Ohio Roads if you ask me.

Again, speed safely and smart and you'll be fine. 7-9mph over and I can get to Secaucus, NJ in 7.5hrs. and with burst in between I usually get there in about between 5-15 minutes quicker still without issue.

DONT FREAKIN SPEED!!!

Went to Indy this weekend and I was doing 3 over the speed limit on 70, and people were flying by me like I was sitting still....funny thing was to watch them get pulled over and get a ticket. I saw 12 people that flew by my to the Indy border today.....stupid people!

Dan

I agree with pdqgp/tim, as long as you pay attention and speed "safely" then you should be ok. Ive gotten 4 speeding tickets, and all were because of my lack of attention on the road. One was because my gf at the time was puking out the side of the car. Everytime I stay focused you can always pre-empt the officer and what will happen. Learn to watch brake lights, and traffic patterns, never ever speed 'by yourself' always have a lead off or someone in front of you. If someone gets tagged its him plus it will give you time to duck out into another lane.

I was on the road with you. i was trying to stay in the right as much as possible.luckly everytime i passed the cop i was going the speedlimit or within 5. right when you thought the cops were done there were more. also i was on 33 sunday towards OU and they were doing aerial speed checks? dont know what to call it but i guess the cops were just trying to make quota.

Guest evobound

I'd lose my mind if I were a traffic cop.

I used to think it was pretty lame when they'd kick on their lights to come through an intersection, then turn 'em back off. But imagine, every mile you drive for eight hours a day, you're stuck in traffic driving at or below the speedlimit because people have some sort of phobia about policecars.

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

I say let 'em blow a few intersections, they've earned it :)

You may very well have....Sunday we were on down 33 south past Lancaster to Nelsonville. Lef around 10am. Saw one trooper on the way down shooting Northbound traffic. One on the way back at about 4pm had a car pulled over. Nothing else. Again 9mph over the whole way with a few bursts now and then to get around some folks.

I still believe driving the company car a silver Town and Country helps in the stealth factor.

I was on the road with you. i was trying to stay in the right as much as possible.luckly everytime i passed the cop i was going the speedlimit or within 5. right when you thought the cops were done there were more. also i was on 33 sunday towards OU and they were doing aerial speed checks? dont know what to call it but i guess the cops were just trying to make quota.

i went to indy too. good race. the cops were out like crazy. mostly in ohio. indy wasnt as bad but still bad. the friggen people doing 65 in the fast lane while attempting to pass someone going 64 drove me nuts. screw that noise. hell i dont care if you speed. its the slow people that drive me nuts. lead follow or get out of the way. cruise was set at 70 most the time.

i agree with not driving sports cars put you in steelth factor cause my gf drives so fucking crazy. she normally does atleast 20 over or so and she has past numerous cops when i have been with her and the cops dont even turn there heads.

I agree 100%. In the car I run a PAssport 8500(red). Using that plus visual cues has saved my ass over the years. The only time I got in trouble was when I was accelerating hard next to another car accelerating hard. I should have waited because there was a hill but i threw the dice anyways and failed.

There also is a neat toy pepople should look at. The Passport Laser shifter is FTW. It does work against laser, I've been in zuht's old mach1 when he got lasered at high rates (80ish) and he slowed down from the first 3 laser shorts to resonable speeds.

Guest 78novaman

Highway Patrol was all over 33 between Dublin and and Indian Lake this weekend.

I was about to hand a HEMI dodge quad cab it's ass in a sling when a bear alert came over the CB. So one more stuck up asshole didn't get embarrassed. Oh well. Between that and my bearcat scanner I know when there are cops nearby.

I loved drving to philly a couple of years ago. 75-80mph on the turnpike with a group of truckers.

That's funny....

I Left Chicago yesterday about 9AM EST. I averaged 80+, with about 10-11 Mins of sustained 135 (GPS verified) ;)

I had no issues. I even rode w/ a Top Bar-less State Trooper in IN at about 90mph for well over 20 miles.

So.... I dunno???

:D

KillJoy

DONT FREAKIN SPEED!!!

Dan

3 over the speed limit !

Christ you must be getting old !

I'm seriously considering such a device. Just waiting to decide if I'm staying at my current job or not. If so, I'll likely mount it on the van. Otherwise, it may go on a new car of some type.

Anyone here have one still?

There also is a neat toy pepople should look at. The Passport Laser shifter is FTW. It does work against laser, I've been in zuht's old mach1 when he got lasered at high rates (80ish) and he slowed down from the first 3 laser shorts to resonable speeds.

Were gonna laugh when you actually tell us a story about being ticketed in your wannabie popo car too lol :D

That's funny....

I Left Chicago yesterday about 9AM EST. I averaged 80+, with about 10-11 Mins of sustained 135 (GPS verified) ;)

I had no issues. I even rode w/ a Top Bar-less State Trooper in IN at about 90mph for well over 20 miles.

So.... I dunno???

:D

KillJoy