Issues with Immke Honda - Looking better

88lx5oh

after getting my si almost a year ago, after 3 months of owning it the front bumper started peeling paint, bought it at imke honda over on sawmill. it is a certified honda vehicle. went back withing my bumper to bumper warranty, and talked to the used car manager. he was willing to get it repainted for me. well gave me his cell number and i tried and tried calling, stopped back alot to try to talk to him again he was never in. i almost gave up on it. well went to Imke yesterday cause i had a small oil leak, which the service writer i got snappy with because they said its not covered under the powertrain warranty. but he ended up dismissing the cost of inspecting to find out where the leak was.. a oil pressure switch. which they wanted to charge me $50 for, but i bought the $10 part instead and replaced it myself later at home. anyway the service writer ended up being a member on here, i apoligized for being rude and we talked about cars blah blah blah. well while waiting for the inspection, i went over to talk to the used car manager, well to see if he was in, turns out he got fired. so talked to the new manager john cordell, and he was a great help, and they are getting me in on monday to get my bumper taken care of free of charge.

so although i had a rough start with them, they made things right finally. and i finally dont have to look at the hideous front bumper anymore.

yeah they were gonna charge me $40 to SEE what the oil leak was... i was like look, this car has 48k on it, its an 04 there is no reason why it should have an oil leak in the first place, yet your gonna charge me to look at it when i have a warranty. i could have found it myself, but its a certified honda WITH a warranty. thats why i bough tit, so i didnt have to do any maintenance on it besides routine stuff like oil changes (and i do them every 3k miles) plugs, air filter, etc.

and then the damn warranty doesnt cover the oil leak WHAT THE FUCK!

oh well $10 part and 15min its fixed.

better than paying them $50.. and if they would have charged me for just looking it would have been $90

everyone i delt with there before are all fired now.

a guy on the lot when i was wasting time was like can i help you .. i was like "no, ill never buy another car here again"

i still wont buy another car from them, but at least they are making good on one thing. but shit it shouldnt have happened in the first place. when you buy a nice use car.. especially a certified one, you would expect the paint on the front bumper would not fall off after 3 month of daily driving.

and then the thing that really pissed me off.. i was arguing about the oil leak not being covered.. i was like well if the damn thing runs out of oil and the motor goes THEN is it covered.

hes like

well your supposed to check your oil at every gas stop, and not be revving it to 11k rpm

i was pissed i said "dude i dont RACE this thing around, i drive it to work and back it hardly sees 6k rpm, and i check my oil level all the time, im not some D bag who doesnt knwo about cars.. give me a fucking break."

why do stealerships think the consumer public are a bunch of uneducated drones that dont know shit.

yeah i will go to roush next time, but i wont be buying any cars soon so no need to even think about that.... marrysville honda is a joke too though. wouldnt buy shit from them.

I got my jetta from their (honda marysville) used lot. They took care of me pretty good. my good friend has several friends that are service writers there, I mentioned something about the saleman being rude and the finance manager took care of the rest of my paperwork etc... He said if I ever needed anything to let him know, he took good care of me and i would go back.

In fact ive been thinking about picking up an SI like yours or just a plain 2 door civic and getting rid of the jetta. Theirs is the first lot I shopped at b/c of my positive experience there. What bad experience's did you have with them?

I got my jetta from their (honda marysville) used lot. They took care of me pretty good. my good friend has several friends that are service writers there, I mentioned something about the saleman being rude and the finance manager took care of the rest of my paperwork etc... He said if I ever needed anything to let him know, he took good care of me and i would go back.

In fact ive been thinking about picking up an SI like yours or just a plain 2 door civic and getting rid of the jetta. Theirs is the first lot I shopped at b/c of my positive experience there. What bad experience's did you have with them?

just form other dealers ive shopped around at, honda marrysville is the worst when it comes to low balling you on your trade in. and will NOT budge on the price of NEW or USED hondas. since they are the closest dealer to the honda plants, they feel the need to not be considerate with people. as if they think you cant go somewhere else. they are like that at bike shop as well.

and as for the SI, its a nice car, very roomy for a small car, and has tons of cargo space. i hauled a 50" tv in it with a stand.

gas mileage is around 28 - 30 mpg combined.

the seats are awesome in it, love the race inspired seats, and the rally style shifter is sweet as well. a tad weird at first, but after all said and done a great placement especially if you plan on SCCA events or something.

some perks are the seats as mentioned, the leather wrapped steering wheel is nice as well. white face gauges are great for visability.

motor is solid platform, not really torquey, but the gearbox makes up a little for it, 160 hp with a red line at 7k i believe, which will get you through traffic, but not a head snapper, actually disappointing, but i didnt buy it for speed i bought it for fun a daily thats decent on gas. trans is fun but also kinda crappy with a really short gear box you get some nice accel, but gas milage suffers.

suspension is incredible for a little econo box. but was considering the eibach kit and some front and rear tie bars just to make it that much better, but i dunno i just really want to leave it alone as me daily, but i keep going back and forth.

the only thing i really want to get for it is the fog lights, which ive been holding off to do until i get my bumper fixed, and maybe some HIDs jsut cause i drive alot at night.

there is a guy on craigslist selling a white one that has the RSX type S swap and 6 speed. he is a Honda R&D guy and the car makes 245hp very very nice unique car, everything looks completely stock. i would love to have that car instead of mine.

Nice, I wasnt considering them at first but when i looked on autotrader one happened to pop up in my search right in my price range, miles were a tad higher than i wanted but I'd consider one as my daily driver. Always wondered about the shifter position but from everything i've heard from people who've owned them/driven them said its perfect position. As well as cargo space b/c i always have to throw my hockey bag in the back with my sticks. I've got a few months to decide.

Back to topic, I would still consider Honda Marysville in the future but then again Im not trading my car in and not buying new either so we'll see if they budge on the price of a used car if they have something in their lot that i like that is. Good to hear your finally got your bumper taken care of.

Go to Roush if possible next time, I know a ton of people that have bought cars there and I never hear any complaints. Good to hear your at least getting it fixed.

Agreed, I had my Accord at Roush for some minor work (before I started doing my own stuff) and they were great.